Pat Kelman, October 2018
|Occupation||Film Distributor, Photographer, Actor, Writer and Director|
|Known for||Actor in The Odyssey, Writer and Director of "Encounters".|
Pat Kelman (b. Patrick Kelly) is a British film distributor, photographer, director, writer and actor. Born in Chelmsford, Essex, he was raised in Cornwall where he now lives after spending 20 years in London. He was trained at the University of London.
In 2018 he set up a new UK film distribution company, 606 Distribution in association with film colleague David Maddison. The company has recently acquired the films Polina and Hannah for release in the UK.
In 2013 he established a photography business, utilising the visual and people skills he had gained through his directing and acting work to specialise in wedding and portrait photography.
As an actor, he made his screen debut in Andrei Konchalovsky's 1997 television miniseries of The Odyssey, playing the role of Elatus. He has also been seen in the 1999 horror film Lighthouse, The Jump, The Bill, and was a regular artist in the long-running BBC sitcom My Hero.
Writing and directing
Encounters, his first film as writer and director which was produced by longtime collaborator Jonty Reason from Pittot Films, won Best Feature Film at the 2005 ReelHeART International Film Festival in Toronto and the 2005 Cheap Shot L.A. International Film Festival. The film also won the Delabole Slate Audience Award for Film of the Festival at the 2005 Cornwall Film Festival. Encounters was released on DVD by Celebrity Video Distribution in November 2009 under the international title Encounters: Speed Dating can Hurt
His most recent short film Francis was shown in March 2009 at the Angry Film Festival in Melbourne, Australia.
Francis was joint winner of the ReelTube category with Pat Kelman's other shorts The Letter Game and Elephant Boy at the 2009 ReelHeART International Film Festival.
- Pat Kelman Photography work featured on English Wedding Blog
- Pat Kelman Photography
- Pat Kelman on IMDb
- FRANCIS at the Angry Film Festival 2009
- Encounters on Britfilms.com
- Pianissimo on Britfilms.com
- Flickernow.com report on 2005 Cornwall Film Festival
- Interview with actor David Kershaw on working with Pat Kelman
- "New U.K. Distributor 606 Distribution Acquires Venice Award Winner 'Hannah'". Variety.
- Tony Scott (1997-05-16). "The Odyssey". Variety. Retrieved 2016-12-03.
- http://www.encountersmovie.co.uk Official Encounters website
- Encounters website on PittotFilms.com Archived 2011-07-15 at the Wayback Machine
- FlicKerNOW (2005-06-13). "The 2005 Cornwall Film Festival award winners and news :: FlicKerNOW :: Cornwall film and moving image - Cornwall Accommodation". FlicKerNOW. Retrieved 2016-12-03.
- "Encounters: Jonathan Reason, David Kershaw, Alexandra London-Thompson, Heather Coombs, Nikki Brown, Jenna Shaw, Matthew Worthington, Patrick Thornton, Deborah Jeffrey, Hannah Smith, Pat Kelman: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2016-12-03.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-03-13. Retrieved 2009-04-09.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "大崎市で建てる新築一戸建てのメリットとは". Angryproductions.org. Retrieved 2016-12-03.