Pat O'Brien (rugby union)
|Full name||Patrick Lloyd O'Brien|
|Date of birth||25 December 1989|
|Place of birth||Durban, South Africa|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||110 kg (17 st 5 lb; 243 lb)|
|School||Paul Roos Gymnasium, Stellenbosch|
|University||University of Stellenbosch, Varsity College|
|Rugby union career|
Patrick Lloyd O'Brien (born Durban) is a South African rugby union player for the Boland Cavaliers in the Currie Cup and the Rugby Challenge. His regular position is lock or flanker. Great club and amateur performances have led to his Western Province sevens and Currie Cup debuts. He has since moved on to take up a provincial contract in Italy.25 December 1989 in
O'Brien played club rugby at Western Province club sides Helderberg and Villager before being included in Western Province's wider training group prior to the 2013 Currie Cup Premier Division. He failed to make an appearance for them, but joined Kimberley-based side Griquas for that competition. He made his first class debut against near-neighbours the Free State Cheetahs and made his first start a week later against the Golden Lions.
- "SA Rugby Player Profile – Pat O'Brien". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "O'Brien wil dié kans in Griekwas-span aangryp" (in Afrikaans). Volksblad. 29 August 2013. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Toyota Free State Cheetahs 40-20 GWK Griquas". South African Rugby Union. 31 August 2013. Retrieved 15 November 2016.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – GWK Griquas 32-38 MTN Golden Lions". South African Rugby Union. 7 September 2013. Retrieved 15 November 2016.
- "Vyf nuwelinge gaan Pumas meer diepte gee" (in Afrikaans). Lowvelder. 31 October 2014. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
|This South Africa rugby union biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|