Evangelista finished high school at St. Theresa's College, Quezon City. She graduated Cum Laude with a degree of BA Speech Communication University of the Philippines Diliman in 2006. She is an alumna of the UP Debate Society (UPDEBSOC).
Patricia is a multimedia journalist covering conflict, disaster and human rights.
At 18, she became the first Filipino to win the London-based annual International Public Speaking Championships - an annual competition sponsored by the English-Speaking Union held in London. Her speech entitled Blonde and Blue Eyes for the theme Borderless World, bested 59 contestants from 37 countries.
She was first published as a youth columnist by the Philippine Star, and then went on to write a weekly column for the Philippine Daily Inquirer's opinion section that ran for nine years. She has written for Rogue Magazine and UNO.
Patricia had her start in television journalism as a production assistant for ANC. She went on to produce a number of programs and documentaries, including the groundbreaking narrative series, Storyline that ran over the Abs-cbn News Channel for five years. She also wrote and produced the short film series AmBisyon and Kinse. She was the executive producer behind ANC's Truths, a three-part investigative documentary on abortion, disaster, and human rights.
She is the co-founder of Storyline Productions with filmmaker Paolo Villaluna. Her various television projects have been recipients of a number of local awards including the Gawad Tanglaw, the Catholic Mass Media Award, as well as three New York Festivals medals.
Evangelista's short film on the aftermath of Supertyphoon Haiyan won the media prize at the Ministerial Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction in Thailand in 2014. She was also awarded the 2014 Kate Webb Prize for frontline journalism.
She is a field reporter for Rappler, producing documentary and news pieces as well as analysis for the Thought Leaders section. As a writer-at-large for Esquire Magazine since its inception, Evangelista writes long-form journalism pieces and profiles politicians and newsmakers.
- Rappler reporter Patricia Evangelista, http://www.rappler.com/about-rappler/staff-profiles/2519-patricia-evangelista
- UP coed tops global speechfest, http://www.manilamail.com/features/patricia.htm
- Titus Brandsma Award-Philippines for Journalism, http://www.cmfr-phil.org/2009/07/13/titus-brandsma-award-philippines-for-journalism/
- Devex 40 Under 40, http://manila40.devex.com/evangelistap/
- ABS-CBN big winner at 10th Gawad Tanglaw, http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/02/26/12/abs-cbn-big-winner-10th-gawad-tanglaw
- Catholic Mass Media Awards bares list of winners for 2007, http://www.pep.ph/news/15305/catholic-mass-media-awards-bares-lists-of-winners-for-2007
- Storyline wins New York Festivals, http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/anc/04/13/11/storyline-wins-new-york-festivals-0
- Haiyan tale scoops film awardhttp://www.unisdr.org/archive/38039
- Philippines journalist wins AFP’s 2014 Kate Webb Prize, http://www.afp.com/en/agency/press-releases-newsletter/philippines-journalist-wins-afps-2014-kate-webb-prize