Patrick Brown (journalist)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Life and career
He went to Montreal to work as a reporter with CBC Radio in 1976 and as national reporter in 1978.
Since 1980 Brown has been posted outside of Canada for both CBC Radio, CBC TV and briefly with Global News. He was a correspondent in London (1980-1990), Beijing (1990-1996, for CBC), Delhi (1997-1999) and Beijing (2011-2012, for Global).
Brown is now independent documentary-maker and files stories for the CBC based in China and Canada (Vancouver BC).
He published his memoir, Butterfly Mind, in 2009.
- Winners, Losers. Toronto: Lorimer, 1976. with Robert Chodos and Rae Murphy. ISBN 978-0888621054.
- Butterfly Mind: : Revolution, Recovery, and One Reporter's Road to Understanding China. Toronto: House of Anansi, 2009. ISBN 978-0887848308.
- Gemini Award for Best Reportage - 1993.
- Gemini Award for Best Coverage (Afghanistan) 1992.
- Gemini Award for Best Coverage (Afghanistan) 2002.
- Canadian Journalism Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award 2011.
- ""Journalism awards gala recognizes excellence in Canadian news media" on SMR". Smr.newswire.ca. 2011-04-04. Archived from the original on 2012-07-17. Retrieved 2012-08-27.