Patrik Ervell is an American-born menswear designer based in New York City. Ervell is a graduate of University of California, Berkeley where he studied political science, economics and art history.
Ervell is noted for using innovative and unusual fabrics including gold foil, vintage parachutes, fabrics dyed with oxidized iron and copper, handmade rubber raincoats, horsehair, and most recently splash-dyed silks. His designs are characterized as utilitarian, minimal and elegant.
Patrik Ervell debuted in 2005 at the New York City concept store Opening Ceremony. Upon winning the Ecco Domani Award for Menswear in 2007 he debuted his collection in his first runway show. Since then, Patrik has received nominations for the CFDA's Swarovski Award for Menswear in 2008, 2009 and 2010. Ervell was the runner up for the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Award in 2009. In 2011 he was nominated for GQ's Best New Menswear Designer in America, and the CFDA Menswear Designer of the Year. Ervell shows his menswear collections twice yearly at New York Fashion Week, showing in both presentation and runway show formats. After seasons of presentations, for his Fall Winter 2012 collection Ervell returned to the runway presentation.
- "Dress Like This: Patrik Ervell". Polychronic.us. 2011-04-12. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "Showing Today: Patrik Ervell". Milk Made. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "Bare necessities: Patrick Ervell's simple lines and elaborate fabrics take menswear to the moon.(Interview)". Entrepreneur.com. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "Patrik Ervell". Jargol.co. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "Patrik Ervell Menswear A/W11". Dazed Digital. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- Katz, Basil (2010-02-16). "Menswear comes into its own at NY Fashion Week". Reuters. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "Swarovski CDFA Fashion Awards 2010". Swarovski.tv. 2010-03-18. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- Laird Borrelli-Persson (2010-01-15). "The Nifty 50 | Patrik Ervell, Designer". NYtimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- "Meet The 2009 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Finalists: Patrik Ervell". Vogue. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "Patrik Ervell (Menswear) |". Council of Fashion Designers of America. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "Who Will Be the Best New Menswear Designer in America?". GQ. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "Patrik Ervell Fashion Shows: Designer Directory on Patrik Ervell". Style.com. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- Katz, Basil (2011-02-18). "NY menswear stays American, but adds elegance". Reuters. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "Patrik Ervell · Stockists". Patrikervell.com. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- Nancy MacDonell (2010-04-20). "Now Online | Patrik Ervell". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2011-05-13.