|Full name||Paul Abasolo Amantegi|
|Date of birth||29 June 1984|
|Place of birth||Durango, Spain|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|2005||→ Lemona (loan)||16||(4)|
|2005–2006||→ Logroñés (loan)||24||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:00, 16 May 2016 (UTC).
Born in Durango, Biscay, Abasolo spent seven years connected with Athletic Bilbao, six in the youth sides and one with the farm team, CD Basconia. Released in 2003, he played the better part of the following six years in the third division and in his native Basque Country, the sole exception being SD Eibar in the first part of the 2004–05 season in the second level, with that team loaning him consecutively to two other clubs in division three, SD Lemona and Logroñés CF.
In the 2009–10 campaign, Abasolo competed for the second time in the second tier of Spanish football, scoring four goals in 34 games for Real Unión as it suffered relegation one year after being promoted. After a few months playing with a regional league side, he resumed his career in the third division with Lemona, Real Oviedo and Sestao River Club.
Convicted of sexual assault in July 2010 for having attacked three young women – he was acquitted on a fourth charge due to doubts of the alleged victim– Abasolo was eventually pardoned by the Government of Spain, but this fact prevented him from being hired by his former team Athletic Bilbao.
- El Real Unión se aprovecha de un Castellón que no levanta cabeza (Real Unión takes advantage of sunken Castellón); Marca, 3 October 2009 (Spanish)
- Un gran Real Unión dejó sin dos puntos al Betis (Great Real Unión robs Betis of two points); Marca, 11 October 2009 (Spanish)
- El Real Unión cae 2–1 ante el Cádiz en el Carranza con un gol de Ogbeche (Real Unión falls 2–1 against Cádiz at the Carranza with Ogbeche goal); El Mundo, 25 October 2009 (Spanish)
- El Real Unión cree en la salvación ante un 'novato' Numancia (Real Unión believes in survival against 'rookie' Numancia); Marca, 22 May 2010 (Spanish)
- Paul Abasolo no jugará con el Athletic (Paul Abasolo will not play for Athletic); Marca, 15 July 2009 (Spanish)
- Condenan a un ex futbolista del Real Unión a 3 años de cárcel por abusos sexuales (Real Unión footballer sentenced to 3 years in jail for sexual assault); El Mundo, 6 July 2010 (Spanish)
- Abasolo, indultado de tres delitos de agresión sexual (Abasolo, pardoned on three sexual assault charges); La Nueva España, 21 January 2012 (Spanish)
- Abasolo auzia: Indultuak zabaldutako zauriak (The Abasolo case: the wounds opened by the pardon); Argia, 1 April 2012 (Basque)