Paul Gauguin Museum (Tahiti)
Musée Paul Gauguin
|Established||June 15, 1965|
|Location||Tahiti, French Polynesia|
|Coordinates||17°43′51″S 149°19′56″W / 17.7307°S 149.3322°WCoordinates: 17°43′51″S 149°19′56″W / 17.7307°S 149.3322°W|
|Website||Petites histoires du Musée Gauguin de Tahiti — (in French)|
The Paul Gauguin Museum (French: Musée Paul Gauguin) is a Japanese-styled art museum dedicated to the life and works of Paul Gauguin in Tahiti, French Polynesia. The Museum is closed for renovations - but the sister museum in Hiva Oa is open.
The museum is located at PK 51, 2 Papeari, Tahiti, directly across from the Botanical Gardens. French Polynesian and Marquesan cultural aspects are represented in its exhibits, which include original Paul Gauguin documents, photographs, reproductions, sculptures, engravings and gouaches. Also included and unseen in years are some of his sketches and block prints.
The museum closed in 2013.
- ^ a b Kay, Robert F. Hidden Tahiti. Ulysses Press, Berkeley, California, 2001, pp.159–160. ISBN 1-56975-222-2.
- Biographical museums in French Polynesia
- Art museums and galleries in French Polynesia
- Museums in Tahiti
- Museums devoted to one artist
- Tahitian art
- Paul Gauguin
- Defunct museums in French Polynesia
- Museums established in 1965
- 1965 establishments in French Polynesia
- French museum stubs
- Oceanian building and structure stubs
- French Polynesia stubs