For the American naval historian, see Paul G. Halpern.
He received a Ph.D in theoretical physics, a M.A. in physics and a B.A. in physics and mathematics. He was also the recipient of a Guggenheim Fellowship, Fulbright Scholarship, and an Athenaeum Society Literary Award.
He has written many popular science books and articles, books including The Cyclical Serpent, Cosmic Wormholes and The Great Beyond. He has also appeared on the 1994 PBS series Futurequest, as well as the National Public Radio show "Radio Times."
In 2007 he published a book based on The Simpsons called What's Science Ever Done for Us. He later appeared in The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special – In 3-D! On Ice!.
His most recently published book is Einstein's Dice and Schrödinger's Cat.
- Time Journeys: A search for Cosmic Destiny and Meaning, McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing, 1990, ISBN 9780070257061
- Cosmic Wormholes: The Search for Interstellar Shortcuts, Plume, 1993. ISBN 9780452270299
- The Cyclical Serpent: Prospects for an Ever-Repeating Universe, 1995; The Cyclical Serpent: Prospects for an Ever-Repeating Universe. Springer. 11 November 2013. pp. 4–. ISBN 978-1-4899-6036-8.
- The Pursuit of Destiny: A History of Prediction, Perseus Pub., 2000, ISBN 9780738200958
- Countdown to Apocalypse: A Scientific Exploration of the End of the World, 2000
- The Quest for Alien Planets: Exploring Worlds Outside the Solar System. Perseus Books Group. 30 May 2003. pp. 4–. ISBN 978-0-7382-0890-9.
- Faraway Worlds: Planets Beyond Our Solar System, 2004
- The Great Beyond: Higher Dimensions, Parallel Universes and the Extraordinary Search for a Theory of Everything. John Wiley & Sons. 21 June 2004. pp. 2–. ISBN 978-0-471-65658-6.
- Brave New Universe: Illuminating the Darkest Secrets of the Cosmos, coauthor Paul S. Wesson, 2006, ISBN 0-309-10137-9
- What's Science Ever Done for Us?: What The Simpsons Can Teach Us About Physics, Robots, Life, and the Universe, 2007
- Collider: The Search for the World's Smallest Particles. John Wiley & Sons. 3 August 2009. ISBN 978-0-470-28620-3.
- Edge of the Universe: A Voyage to the Cosmic Horizon and Beyond. John Wiley & Sons. 10 September 2012. ISBN 978-1-118-22082-5.
- Einstein's Dice and Schrdinger's Cat: How Two Great Minds Battled Quantum Randomness to Create a Unified Theory of Physics. Basic Books. 14 April 2015. ISBN 978-0-465-04065-0.
- Official website
- Paul Halpern, University of the Sciences
- Paul Halpern Biography
- Paul Halpern: Science Books and Articles, National Association of Science Writers
- Books by Paul Halpern, National Association of Science Writers
- Paul Halpern Interview
- Paul Halpern at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about an American physicist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|