Paul Hilton (British actor)
1970 (age 47–48)|
He has starred as "William Palmer" in the Pilgrim radio dramas on BBC Radio 4's Afternoon Play series and appeared in TV programmes including Garrow's Law (as freethinker Joseph Hamer), The Bill, Silent Witness, Wire in the Blood and Robin Hood, and has had regular character roles in True Dare Kiss (as Dennis Tyler) and Casualty 1909 (as Henry Percy Dean).
In 2010 he appeared as Sandy in Mark Haddon's play Polar Bears at the Donmar Warehouse, and in 2011 played the title role in Marlowe's Doctor Faustus at the Shakespeare's Globe Theatre. In July 2015, he will be part of the premiere cast of Damon Albarn's new musical Wonder.land at the Manchester International Festival. For director Rufus Norris he was The Boson in Lucy Kirkwood's Mosquitoes (2017) at London's National Theatre.
In 2017 he starred in the title role in a National Theatre Live production of Peter Pan.
- "Paul to tread boards in special showpiece". Oldham News. 9 June 2017. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- Paul Taylor (8 April 2010). "Polar Bears, Donmar Warehouse, London". The Independent. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
- Charles Spencer (24 June 2011). "Doctor Faustus, Shakespeare's Globe, review". London: The Telegraph. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Casting announced for Damon Albarn's wonder.land". whatsonstage.com. Whats On Stage. 11 May 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- Billington, Michael (26 July 2017). "Mosquitoes review – sparring sisters collide in Lucy Kirkwood's science stormer". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077.