Paul K. Chappell
|Paul K. Chappell|
Headshot of Paul K. Chappell
|Occupation||Peace Leadership Director|
Paul K. Chappell is the Peace Leadership Director of the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, an Iraq War veteran, West Point graduate, international speaker, and author of five books.
Paul K. Chappell graduated from West Point in 2002, was deployed to Iraq, and left active duty in November 2009 as a Captain. He is the author of the Road to Peace series, a seven-book series about waging peace, ending war, the art of living, and what it means to be human. The first five published books in this series are Will War Ever End?, The End of War, Peaceful Revolution, The Art of Waging Peace, and The Cosmic Ocean.
He grew up in Alabama, the son of a half-black and half-white father who fought in the Korean and Vietnam wars, and a Korean mother. Growing up in a violent household, Chappell has sought answers to the issues of war and peace, rage and trauma, and vision, purpose, and hope. His website is www.peacefulrevolution.com.
- 2015 CMM Institute Fellows Program/Project title: Literacy in the Art of Living, the Art of Listening, and the Art of Waging Peace
- Will War Ever End?: A Soldier's Vision of Peace for the 21st Century. Foreword by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. Rvive Books. 2009. ISBN 978-1-935073-02-4.
- The End of War: How Waging Peace Can Save Humanity, Our Planet and Our Future. Foreword by Gavin DeBecker. Easton Studio Press. 2010. ISBN 978-1-935212-11-9.
- Peaceful Revolution: How We Can Create the Future Needed for Humanity's Survival. Easton Studio Press, 2012. ISBN 978-1-935212-76-8.
- The Art of Waging Peace: A Strategic Approach to Improving Our Lives and the World. Easton Studio Press, LLC. 2 July 2013. ISBN 978-1-935212-78-2.
- The Cosmic Ocean: New Answers to Big Questions. Prospecta Press. 2015. ISBN 978-1-63226-009-3
"Paul Chappell has transformed my way of thinking about war and peace...There is cause to hope, and believe, that there can be an end to war."— Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, Foreword to Will War Ever End?
"Paul K. Chappell has given us a crucial look at war and peace from the unique perspective of a soldier, and his new ideas show us why world peace is both necessary and possible in the 21st century. The End of War can help people everywhere understand why war must end, and how together we can end it."— Archbishop Desmond Tutu
"I am certainly in agreement with so much of what Paul K. Chappell has to say. His values are truly humane and admirable."
- "Captain Paul K Chappell - "Will War Ever End?" | United for Justice with Peace". Justicewithpeace.org. Retrieved 2010-08-28.
- Author's website
- Sun Magazine. http://thesunmagazine.org/issues/424/fighting with another purpose
- Tavis Smiley Show. http://paulkchappell.com/videos-2/tavis-smiley-interview
- CSPAN Book TV http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4525688/paul-chappellBook TV
- Presbyterian Peace Fellowship. http://presbyterianpeacefellowship.org/content/emily-brewer-interviews-paul-chappell#.RFO9HbJjq
- "Ending War", Jan Barry, 24 November 2009