|Birth name||Peter Wagner|
22 December 1964 |
|Genres||Heavy metal, Speed metal, Power metal, Progressive metal, Classical music|
|Instruments||Vocals, Bass, Guitar|
|Years active||1980 – present|
|Labels||Noise Records, G.U.N. Records, Nuclear Blast, SPV GmbH|
|Associated acts||Rage, Bassinvaders, Mekong Delta|
Peter Wagner was born in Herne as the second of four children. His parents, both passionate amateur musicians, tried to inspire their kids for music since childhood. Eventually Peter Wagner learned his first instrument, the classical guitar. He started to play on the electrical guitar a few years later and, inspired by Lemmy from Motörhead, finally switched to the electric bass in the early 1980s.
In 1983, Wagner founded together with the two guitar players Jochen Schroeder and Alf Meyerratken the heavy metal band called Avenger. In 1986, the band's name was changed to Rage. He is the only member of the band to have stayed in it throughout its history. He currently performs as the band's bassist and singer.
- Prayers of Steel (as Avenger) (1985)
- Depraved to Black (as Avenger) (1985)
- Reign of Fear (1986)
- Execution Guaranteed (1987)
- Perfect Man (1988)
- Secrets in a Weird World (1989)
- Reflections of a Shadow (1990)
- Extended Power (EP) (1991)
- Trapped! (1992)
- Beyond the Wall (EP) (1992)
- The Missing Link (1993)
- The Video Link (1994)
- Refuge (EP) (1994)
- 10 Years in Rage (1994)
- Black in Mind (1995)
- Lingua Mortis (1996)
- End of All Days (1996)
- Live from the Vault (1997)
- XIII (1998)
- In Vain: Rage in Acoustic (1998)
- The Best from the Noise Years (1998)
- Ghosts (1999)
- Welcome to the Other Side (2001)
- Best of - All G.U.N. Years (2001)
- Metal Meets Classic Live (2001)
- Unity (2002)
- Soundchaser (2003)
- From the Cradle to the Stage (2004)
- Speak of the Dead (2006)
- Full Moon in St. Petersburg/DVD (2007)
- Carved in Stone (2008)
- Gib Dich Nie Auf/ Never Give Up (2009)
- Strings to a Web (2010)
- 21 (2012)
- LMO (album) (2013)
- The Soundchaser Archives (2014)
- The Devil Strikes Again (2016)
- Hellbassbeaters (2008)
- Axel Rudi Pell - Black Moon Pyramid (1996) - bass on "Gettin' Dangerous"
- Onkel Tom Angelripper - Ein schöner Tag... (1996) - Vocals(Choirs)
- Mob Rules - Hollowed Be Thy Name (2002) - vocals on "How the Gypsy Was Born"
- Victor Smolski - Majesty & Passion (2004) - bass on "Concert for 2 Violins With Orchestra: Chapter 1"
- Destruction - Inventor of Evil (2005) - vocals on "The Alliance of Hellhoundz"
- Nuclear Blast All-Stars - Into the Light (2007) - bass and vocals on "Terrified"
- Destruction - The Curse of The Antichrist: Live In Agony (2009) - vocals on "The Alliance of Hellhoundz"
- The Arrow - Lady Nite (2009) - vocals on "Keeper of Souls"
- "The Flames still burns" - song on "Ballroom Hamburg — A Decade of Rock" compilation (2010)
- DarkSun - Memento Mori (2012) - vocals on "Broken Dreams"