People's Party of Abkhazia
The People’s Party of Abkhazia (Abkhaz: Аҧсны Ажәлартә Апартиа, Georgian: აფხაზეთის სახალხო პარტია, Russian: Народная Партия Абхазии) is an oppositional political party in Abkhazia led by Iakub Lakoba. Its founding congress was held on 20 March 1992, and it claims to be the oldest political party in Abkhazia.
The People's Party was one of the parties that stood at the basis of the Forum of Abkhaz People's Unity founded 8 February 2005. On 30 January 2008 it was announced the People's Party and the newly founded Party for Economic Development of Abkhazia had signed a cooperation agreement.
On 10 July 2013, the People's Party signed a cooperation agreement with fellow opposition parties United Abkhazia, the Forum for the National Unity of Abkhazia and the Party for the Economic Development of Abkhazia, and with a number of social movements.
On 29 February 2016, the People's Party became a founding member of the Council for the National Unity of the Republic of Abkhazia, uniting political forces that were neither pro-government nor pro-opposition.
- "История". People's Party of Abkhazia. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- Kuchuberia, Angela (2008-01-30). Партия экономического развития и Народная партия Абхазии договорились сотрудничать (in Russian). Caucasian Knot. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Устав". People's Party of Abkhazia. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- Kuchuberia, Angela (2005-02-09). В Абхазии создан Форум народного единства, в который вошли двенадцать партий и движений республики (in Russian). Caucasian Knot. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Ряд политических партий и общественных движений Абхазии подписали Соглашение о сотрудничестве и совместную декларацию". Apsnypress. 10 July 2013. Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- "В АБХАЗИИ СОЗДАН СОВЕТ НАЦИОНАЛЬНОГО ЕДИНСТВА РА". Abkhazia Inform. 29 February 2016. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
|This article related to the politics of Abkhazia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|