This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2021)
|Founded||London, United Kingdom|
|Founder||Xenios Thrasyvoulou (CEO)|
Simos Kitiris (CTO)
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
PeoplePerHour, legally People Per Hour Limited, is a UK-based company whose function is as an online platform giving businesses access to freelance workers.
Founded in 2007 by Xenios Thrasyvoulou and Simos Kitiris, the company has offices in London and Athens. Businesses opting to use the website are often start-ups or SMEs looking to grow flexibly by hiring freelancers to handle projects rather than hiring in-house or via agencies.
There is some debate as to whether the emergence of this type of freelance marketplace is part of a longer-term structural change in the way that companies across the world manage their human resources.
In August 2012, PeoplePerHour was named by the science and technology magazine, Wired UK as one of "Europe's 100 Hottest Startups of 2012".
In 2012 its 50-person engineering department relocated to Athens. One of the major investors in PeoplePerHour is Index Ventures, which gave the company £2M (3.2M dollars) in 2012. Mike Volpi has named PeoplePerHour among the three "most underrated companies" in the Index's portfolio. In its previous seed round, the company had raised approximately £425k.
- ^ "Recruitment site offers freelance jobs". Daily Mirror. 20 July 2012.
- ^ Jamillah Knowles (19 July 2012). "PeoplePerHour publicly launches hourlies for freelancers offering services by the hour". The Next Web.
- ^ "Startup News: Brooklyn Tech Triangle Seeks Master Plan; Reuters is Now Distributing Animated Content". Beta Beat. The New York Observer. 17 July 2012.
- ^ Maija Palmer (14 November 2011). "Virtual companies face the connectivity challenge". Financial Times. (subscription required)
- ^ "Europe's 100 hottest startups 2012", Hugo Cox, Wired Magazine, 15 August 2012
- ^ a b Index Ventures Raises $442 Million in New Fund by Mark Scott, New York Times
- ^ PeoplePerHour Secures $3.2M From Index Ventures, New Hires, New iOS App by Mike Butcher, TechCrunch
- ^ Invest in Bankrupt Europe? Sure! Clean Tech? Oh, Hell No. by Sarah Lacy, pando.com
- ^ Index Ventures invests in PeoplePerHour as business flows East to West