||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (April 2013)|
|Headquarters||Concord, Ontario, Canada|
|Carmine Bello, M.A.Sc., P.Eng.|
Permacharts Inc. is a Canadian company based in Concord, Ontario, which specializes in the manufacture of laminated quick reference Study guides. Along with other study guide manufacturers like SparkNotes, CliffsNotes and Schaum's Outlines, they control most of the North American market share for study guides.
Permacharts was founded in 1980 by Carmine Bello, M.A.Sc., P.Eng. He is also noted as an author with a number of literary works to his name. Clearkote Slotted Hinge, a proprietary process which is used in the production line of the permachart was developed by Bello. Permachart products are widely used in a number of schools and universities across North America, including Harvard University, University of California, and the Eastern Illinois University. As of 2011, Permacharts lists Barnes & Noble, Walmart, Ekerds, and Thompson Publishing among their key clients and partners.
Permacharts products are available for hundreds of subjects, organized in 11 general categories. Authors who work for Permacharts include Dr. Arshad Ahmad, Dr. Don Cartwright, Maureen Connolly, Alex Fancy, Dr. Ron Marken and Dr. Terry Matheson.
The main offices of Permacharts are located in Concord, Ontario and Cheektowaga, New York. The quick reference guides are available world wide through a wide network of distributors or from online book stores like Alibris, AbeBooks etc.
- David Milstead. "Online swap shops offer win-win in tough economy". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Permacharts Inc". Tradezz.com. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Carmine Bello: Books". Amazon.ca. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Eastern Illinois University :: Training & Development - Library". Eiu.edu. 2008-05-20. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Permacharts". Alibris. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "permacharts". AbeBooks. 2003-01-05. Retrieved 2012-02-09.