|Alma mater||Columbia University
University of Mumbai
Pervin Keki Shroff (born c. 1955) is an Indian accounting academic and Carl L. Nelson Professor of Accounting at the Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota, known for her work in the field of information content and accountancy.
Shroff obtained her Bachelor of Commerce in 1976 at the Bombay University (now the University of Mumbai), and her Bachelor of Laws in 1979. She also obtained her licence as Chartered Accountant in India, and obtained her PhD in accounting at Columbia University in 1992.
She is an Accredited Management Accountant, through the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants, London (now known as the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) and is also an Accredited Corporate Secretary, through the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- Pervin Keki Shroff. Essays on the Association of Accounting Earnings with Security Returns, Columbia University, 1992.
- Pervin Keki Shroff, Determinants of the Returns-earnings Correlation, 1993.
- Articles, a selection
- Ohlson, James A., and Pervin K. Shroff. "Changes versus levels in earnings as explanatory variables for returns: Some theoretical considerations." Journal of Accounting Research (1992): 210-226.
- D'mello, Ranjan, and Pervin K. Shroff. "Equity undervaluation and decisions related to repurchase tender offers: An empirical investigation." The Journal of Finance 55.5 (2000): 2399-2424.
- Easton, P., Taylor, G., Shroff, P., & Sougiannis, T. (2002). "Using forecasts of earnings to simultaneously estimate growth and the rate of return on equity investment." Journal of Accounting Research, 40(3), 657-676.
- Hail, Luzi, and Christian Leuz. "International differences in the cost of equity capital: Do legal institutions and securities regulation matter?." Journal of accounting research 44.3 (2006): 485-531.
- Hribar, Paul, and Nicole Thorne Jenkins. "The effect of accounting restatements on earnings revisions and the estimated cost of capital." Review of accounting studies 9.2-3 (2004): 337-356.
- Profile of Pervin Shroff; www.carlsonschool.umn.edu. Accessed 11-03-2015.