Peter Armstrong (journalist)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Peter Armstrong is a Canadian radio and television journalist, working with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. He is currently the economics reporter for CBC News, and the host of the business news series On the Money with Peter Armstrong.
Originally from Oakville, Ontario, he is the son of journalist Sally Armstrong. He graduated from Acadia University and Université Laval before he began working for CBC Radio in Quebec City. He later moved to Saint John, Toronto, Ottawa and Vancouver before moving to the Middle East in 2006 as the CBC's bureau chief in Jerusalem. In 2009, he returned to Canada as anchor of CBC Radio One's morning newscast World Report.
He has also been a reporter in the network's sports division.
- "When author talks, people listen". Calgary Herald, October 15, 2014.
- "CBC-TV names new Jerusalem correspondent". The Globe and Mail, July 10, 2006.
- "CBC relaunches radio and TV news divisions; Newsworld becomes News Network". Edmonton Journal, October 22, 2009.
- "Robbing radio to pay TV; Critics say CBC's focus on television has turned radio into a 'junior partner'". Ottawa Citizen, March 2, 2013.
- Office romance is good for business. Canadian Business, May 7, 2012.
|This article about a Canadian journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|