This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
18 June 2007 cover of Canadian Business
History and profile
The magazine was founded in 1928 as The Commerce of the Nation, the organ of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. The magazine was renamed Canadian Business in 1933. Canadian Business official association with the Chamber of Commerce ended in 1977, the position of official media partner is currently held by George Media's The Canadian Business Journal. It is owned by Rogers Communications. The company acquired the magazine in 1944. The former owner was Maclean Hunter.
Canadian Business is published every second week, monthly in January, July and August. Its special annual issues include: the Rich 100 (highlighting the wealthiest Canadians), the Investor 500 (comparing the largest 500 publicly listed Canadian companies), All-Star Execs (about the best corporate executives), the MBA Report, and the Best and Worst Boards.
Its main direct competition comes from Report on Business Magazine, published by and inserted in The Globe and Mail newspaper, Financial Post Magazine, formerly National Post Business, published by and inserted in the National Post newspaper and The Canadian Business Journal business magazine published by George Media.
Canadian Business magazine's annual Report on wealthiest Canadians
In 2008 the Canadian Business magazine's annual report on the wealthiest Canadians calculated that the Irving family combined wealth rose 34 percent from 2007 to $US 7.11 billion. Only the Thompson family, with a net worth is $US 18.45 billion, are wealthier 
In their annual report on Canada's wealthiest, Canadian Business magazine described Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) Canadians as having a very profitable year. The wealthiest are now among the 0.00028%, not just the 1%. Frank Stronach's net was $US 2.72 Billion in 2011-2012. The Chan family's net worth was $US 1.03 billion. JR Shaw's net worth was $US 1.5 billion up 4.41 percent from last year.
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- Conan Tobias (20 February 2012). "A brief history of Canadian Business, Canada's oldest business magazine Strategy". Canadian Business. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- George Media announcement
- Althia Raj (9 February 2016). "Canadian Business may be Shut Down: Sources". Huffington Post. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Irving family jumps to No. 2 on list of richest Canadians". CBC News. 5 December 2008.
- "Top 20 richest Canadians". Canadian Business. 22 November 2012.