Peter Atkins (bishop)
Atkins was born on 29 April 1936, educated at Merchant Taylors' School, Crosby and Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge and ordained in 1963. He began his ordained ministry with a curacy at Karori, after which he was a priest-tutor at St Peter’s Theological College in the Solomon Islands. Later he was Vicar of Waipukurau then diocesan secretary and registrar in the Diocese of Waiapu. He was archdeacon of Hawkes Bay from 1979 until 17 September 1983, when he was ordained to the episcopate. An author, after resigning his See he was a lecturer in liturgy and evangelism at the University of Auckland.
- Anglican Diocese of Waiapu[permanent dead link]
- Crockford's clerical directory London, Church House 1975 ISBN 0-19-200008-X
- Who's Who 2008: London, A & C Black, 2008 ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- ACANZP Lectionary, 2019 (p. 146)
- The Lectionary Te Maramataka 2007 Archived 14 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- Amongst others he wrote Good News in Evangelism, 1992; Counselling Issues and South Pacific Communities, 1997; Soul Time, 2000Ascension Now, 2001; Memory and Liturgy, 2004; and Prayer Kids, 2008 > British Library website, accessed 12 January 2010.
- Taylor, Alister; Coddington, Deborah (1994). Honoured by the Queen – New Zealand. Auckland: New Zealand Who's Who Aotearoa. p. 51. ISBN 0-908578-34-2.
|Anglican Communion titles|
Ralph Vernon Matthews
| Bishop of Waiapu
Murray John Mills
|This biographical article about a New Zealand religious figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Anglican bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|