Peter Fox (musician)
Peter Fox (2009)
|Birth name||Pierre Baigorry|
|Also known as||Peter Fox, Enuff|
|Born||3 September 1971|
|Genres||Reggae, hip hop, dancehall, alternative hip hop|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Director|
|Instruments||Vocals, Guitar, Piano|
|Years active||1998 – present|
|Associated acts||Seeed, Miss Platnum|
Pierre Baigorry (born 3 September 1971), better known as Peter Fox, also known as Enuff and Pete Fox, is a German reggae and Hip hop musician from Berlin. He is also a member of the German reggae and dancehall band Seeed.
Peter Fox started working on a solo album named Stadtaffe ("Urban Ape") in 2007. The album was released in Germany on 26 September 2008. All songs are in German. Monk and DJ Illvibe co-produced the album, and the Deutsches Filmorchester Babelsberg, as well as the Cold Steel Drumline contributed to the music.
A sample of the song "Fieber" ("Fever"), which Fox sings with K.I.Z., was released on Fox's MySpace website on 1 November 2007. The first single, "Alles neu" ("Everything New"), was released on August 15, 2008. The second single of the album, "Haus am See" ("House By The Lake"), was released on October 17, 2008.
Peter Fox won the Bundesvision Song Contest 2009 on February 13 with his song "Schwarz zu blau" ("Black to Blue"), which is a social realistic representation of his home city Berlin and the transition from nightlife to dawn. The contest was held in Potsdam (the state capital of the previous year's winner Brandenburg).
He has since announced that he will be returning to Seeed due to unwanted stress and attention generated by his highly successful solo album Stadtaffe.
His single "Haus am See" was the 82nd best-selling single of 2008 and the 17th best-selling single of 2009 in Germany.
Peter Fox played the horn in his youth. He lives with his family in Berlin-Kreuzberg. In late 2001, Fox suffered from facial nerve paralysis that was not treated quickly enough because of a false diagnosis. The right side of his face still has a slight paralysis; however, that has become his own special signature.
- 1LIVE "Krone"
- 2008 Best Album (Stadtaffe)
- Echo Awards
- 2009 Hip-Hop/Urban
- 2009 Critics Award
- 2009 Producer of the Year
- 2010 Album of the Year (Stadtaffe)
- European Border Breakers Award
- 2010 European cross border success of the album Stadtaffe
This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|2009||Live aus Berlin
(Peter Fox & Cold Steel)
|2007||Come Marry Me (Miss Platnum featuring Peter Fox)|
|Haus am See||
|2009||Schwarz zu Blau||
- MySpace-Blog of Peter Fox (Stadtaffe: 6 August 2008 -- Fieber: 1 November 2007)
- Lynskey, Dorian (15 March 2012). "Why Plan B's Ill Manors is the greatest British protest song in years". The Guardian. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- "Seeed-Sänger Peter Fox: "Ich war der Typ mit dem Waldhorn"". Tagesspiegel. 28 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-08.
- "Austrian album certifications – Peter Fox – Stadtaffe" (in German). IFPI Austria. Enter Peter Fox in the field Interpret. Enter Stadtaffe in the field Titel. Select album in the field Format. Click Suchen.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Peter Fox; 'Stadtaffe')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Peter Fox; 'Stadtaffe')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Peter Fox; 'Live aus Berlin')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Peter Fox; 'Alles Neu')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Peter Fox; 'Haus am See')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Peter Fox; 'Schwarz zu Blau')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.