Specialist Computer Centres
Peter Rigby founded Specialist Computer Centres (SCC) in 1975 with an initial cash investment of just £2,000. Rigby has maintained control of the company over 40 years of sustained growth  and has seen SCC's turnover rise to £2.038 billion (2005).
In May 2012, a company press release claimed that turnover to year end March 2012, had risen to £2.75billion, a 10% rise on the previous yearly period. Peter Rigby claims that if SCC were a public company, turnover would be as much as £14 billion.
SCC is now the largest privately owned technology company in Europe.
His sons, James Rigby (SCC CEO) and Steven Rigby (European GM) are both senior directors on the board of Rigby Group, while Peter Rigby is chairman and group CEO.
In April 2010 Rigby's Patriot Aviation Group bought Coventry Airport, with a view to moving from freight-only to serving business passengers and helicopters. In June 2013 it bought Exeter International Airport. In June 2014 it bought Norwich International Airport, and in December 2017, Bournemouth Airport.
Rigby also owns the luxury hotel group Eden Hotel Collection, of which Mallory Court in Leamington was named "Most Excellent Hotel in the United Kingdom and Ireland" for 2009 by magazine Condé Nast Johansens.
In 2010, the Sunday Times Rich List estimates Rigby to be worth £430m, based on his corporate investments. This ranked him as the 158th richest person in Britain. Although his net worth has increased through the acquisition of European IT companies, his position on the rich list has slipped from a peak of 61st in 2003.
- Brum deal with stars of business/Rich pickings from hi-tech (The Times) 10/6/04 .
- "Sir Peter Rigby - 40 Years in Business - SCC".
- SCH strengthens European leadership with another year of growth "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2005-09-26. Retrieved 2006-12-08.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link).
- Fast Track 2006 Top Track 100 league table, published 2 July 2006 in The Sunday Times. .
- "SCH announces unaudited results for Financial year ending 31 March 2012". Your-Story.org The Press Release Resource. 28 May 2012. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- Times article, 23/5/04 .
- Sir Peter Rigby agrees deal to save Coventry Airport .
- "Exeter International Airport sold to Rigby Group PLC". BBC News. 27 June 2013. Retrieved 27 June 2013.
- "New owners of Norwich International Airport will not scrap controversial travel tax". Archant. 11 June 2014. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- "Rigby Group sets out growth plans for its hotels to helicopters, technology to property 'mini-conglomerate'".
- "Rigby Group buys Bournemouth Airport for undisclosed fee". 5 December 2017. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- Theatrical hotel plan nears completion 24/2/10 "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2010-02-25.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link).
- Sunday Times Rich List 2010, .
- "Rich List 2017: No.=11 - Sir Peter Rigby". 26 January 2017.