Peter Robbins (actor)
August 10, 1956
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Film/television child actor; voice actor|
Robbins is of Hungarian descent. He first began acting in various films and television shows in 1963. As a child, he made a guest appearance as "Elmer" in the popular series The Munsters (1964). Most distinctly, at the age of nine, Robbins provided Charlie Brown's voice in six Peanuts television specials and one movie from 1965–69, including the film A Boy Named Charlie Brown and the television specials A Charlie Brown Christmas and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. While Robbins, at the age of 14, was replaced by younger child actors in the Peanuts specials produced after 1969, his trademark scream of "AAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGGHH!!", first used in It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, continued to be used in the later specials for Charlie Brown and other characters. He appeared in an episode of F Troop in 1966 entitled "The Sergeant And The Kid" and appeared in an episode of Get Smart as the mysterious "Dr. T".
Robbins graduated from the University of California, San Diego in 1979. In 1996, he hosted a talk radio show in Palm Springs at KPSL 1010 Talk Radio. By 2006, according to a broadcast by National Public Radio, he was managing real estate in Van Nuys, California.
On January 20, 2013, Robbins was arrested by San Diego County Sheriff's Department deputies at San Ysidro, California Homeland Security's Port of Entry, while re-entering the United States, and charged with "four felony counts of making a threat to cause death or great bodily injury and one felony count of stalking". The four counts involve four victims, including a San Diego Police sergeant, whom Robbins reportedly threatened with bodily harm during a January 13, 2013 incident. He was held on $550,000 bond. On May 8, 2013, he was sentenced to a year in jail for threatening his former girlfriend and stalking her plastic surgeon, but he will be allowed to log time in treatment instead. After release, he was sent to a residential drug treatment center.
In 2015, Robbins was arrested for multiple probation violations, including drinking alcohol and failing to complete mandatory domestic violence classes. On June 5, 2015, he was ordered to undergo a mental health exam after an outburst during a court proceeding in San Diego.
- Warth, Gary (July 25, 2010). "COMIC-CON: Good grief: Local resident became voice of Charlie Brown 45 years ago". UT San Diego. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- Jones, Elton (January 23, 2013). "Voice of Charlie Brown Arrested for ‘Threat to Cause Death or Bodily Harm’". Heavy.com. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- Potempa, Phillip (August 12, 2014). "Hollywood's Hardy Boy, Nurse Ratched and Charlie Brown here for autographs". Times of Northwest Indiana. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- "Good grief! Charlie Brown voice actor jailed". CNN. January 23, 2013.
- Clark, Christine (July 19, 2010). "Good Grief: Charlie Brown meets Iron Man at Comic-Con". University of California, San Diego. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- Ortigas, Janet Grace (May 8, 2013). "Charlie Brown goes to jail". Guardian Liberty Voice. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- "'Great Pumpkin' Marks 40 Years on TV". NPR. October 27, 2006. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- Lisa Brenner (January 23, 2013). "Original voice of Charlie Brown arrested for threatening ex-girlfriend and her breast surgeon". KPCC. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- Susan Shroder (January 22, 2013). "Voice of 'Charlie Brown' arrested in San Diego". San Diego Union Tribune. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- Julie Watson (January 23, 2013). "Voice actor for Charlie Brown arrested in Calif.". WFIE. Associated Press. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- "Charlie Brown star arrested for stalking". 3 News NZ. January 24, 2013.
- ""Charlie Brown" voice actor to serve sentence in rehab". CBS News. Retrieved May 9, 2013.
- "Former Charlie Brown actor lashes out at sentencing". CBS 8. June 5, 2015. Retrieved June 6, 2015.
|This article about an American voice actor born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|