Wheeler with the Oakland Raiders
|No. 41 Atlanta Falcons|
|Date of birth:||December 12, 1984|
|Place of birth:||Columbus, Georgia|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||245 lb (111 kg)|
|High school:||Columbus (GA) Shaw|
|NFL draft:||2008 / Round: 3 / Pick: 93|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2014|
Philip Gregory Wheeler (born December 12, 1984) is an American football linebacker for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played college football at Georgia Tech.
In 2000, Wheeler, a sophomore, helped lead Shaw High School to win the Georgia High School Association's AAAA Football State Championship. As a senior, he was named as an Honorable Mention All-Region selection by PrepStar, and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution named him as a first team Class AAAA All-State selection.
Wheeler signed with the Miami Dolphins on March 12, 2013 to a 5 year, $25 million deal with $13 million guaranteed. Wheeler was brought in to replace Kevin Burnett. Wheeler was released by the Dolphins on March 10, 2015.
San Francisco 49ers
- Raiders agree to 1-year deal Philip Wheeler to fill void at OLB
- Dolphins add linebacker Phillip Wheeler
- Alper, Josh (2015-03-10). "Dolphins release Philip Wheeler, Shelley Smith". Pro Football Talk. NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2015-03-10.
- Alper, Josh. "49ers sign Philip Wheeler, release Trindon Holliday". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- Alper, Josh (September 4, 2015). "49ers release Philip Wheeler, Joe Looney and Craig Dahl". NBCSports.com. Retrieved September 7, 2015.