Wheeler in the 2012 NFL season.
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||December 12, 1984|
|Place of birth:||Columbus, Georgia|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||245 lb (111 kg)|
|NFL draft:||2008 / Round: 3 / Pick: 93|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2014|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Philip Gregory Wheeler (born December 12, 1984) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played college football at Georgia Tech.
In 2000, Wheeler, a sophomore, helped lead Shaw High School (Georgia) to win the Georgia High School Association's AAAA Football State Championship. As a senior, he was named as an Honorable Mention All-Region selection by PrepStar, and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution named him as a first team Class AAAA All-State selection.
Wheeler signed with the Miami Dolphins on March 12, 2013. The contract is 5 years and $26 million, with $13 million fully guaranteed. Wheeler was brought in to replace Kevin Burnett. Wheeler was released by the Dolphins on March 10, 2015.
San Francisco 49ers
- Raiders agree to 1-year deal Philip Wheeler to fill void at OLB
- Dolphins add linebacker Phillip Wheeler
- Alper, Josh (2015-03-10). "Dolphins release Philip Wheeler, Shelley Smith". Pro Football Talk. NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2015-03-10.
- Alper, Josh. "49ers sign Philip Wheeler, release Trindon Holliday". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- Alper, Josh (September 4, 2015). "49ers release Philip Wheeler, Joe Looney and Craig Dahl". NBCSports.com. Retrieved September 7, 2015.