|Traded as||LSE: CINE|
|Industry||Leisure, Entertainment & Refreshments|
Picturehouse Cinemas is a network of cinemas in the United Kingdom, operated by Picturehouse Cinemas Ltd and owned by Cineworld. The company also runs its own film distribution company, Picturehouse Entertainment.
The first cinema, Phoenix Picturehouse, opened in Oxford in 1989, but many of the others in the chain operated independently before then: the Duke of York's Picture House in Brighton, for example, opened in 1910 and is Britain's longest continually operating cinema.
|Bath||The Little Theatre Cinema||3|
|Bradford||Picturehouse at the National Media Museum||3||Includes the first IMAX screen in Europe|
|Brighton||Duke of York's Picturehouse||1|
|Brighton||Duke's at Komedia||2|
|Liverpool||Picturehouse at FACT||4|
|London||Crouch End Picturehouse||4|
|London||East Dulwich Picturehouse||3|
|London||Stratford East Picturehouse||4|
|Southampton||Harbour Lights Picturehouse||2|
|London - Shaftesbury Avenue||Picturehouse Central||7|
|Aberdeen||The Belmont Picturehouse||3||Sold in 2014 to the Centre for the Moving Image|
|Bury St Edmunds||The Abbeygate Picturehouse||2||Sold June 2014 to Abbeygate Cinemas|
|Durham - Millennium Place||Durham Picturehouse||4||November 2016||Announced May, 2015. |
|Ealing - Uxbridge Road||TBC - Filmworks||8||2019||Announced July, 2014 |
|West Norwood - Nettlefold Hall||West Norwood Picturehouse||4||2017||Announced March, 2016|
|Chester - Northgate Development||Chester Picturehouse||6||2019||Announced August 2016|
Industrial action also took place in January 2017 over the issue of the London living wage.
- Picture House Corporate site Linked 2013-08-23
- "Cineworld buys Picturehouse in cinema chain takeover". BBC. 6 December 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- Picturehouse Entertainment: About Picturehouse Entertainment Linked 2013-08-23
- White, Debbie (January 24, 2013). "Jericho cinema to mark centenary". The Oxford Times. p. 29.
- "Cine-files: The Phoenix Picturehouse, Oxford". The Guardian. October 23, 2012.
- "Cinema chain takes over operation of National Media Museum's three screens". 29 September 2014. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "Bury St Edmunds Picturehouse Cinema sold after competition ruling". BBC News. BBC. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- "Ealing Filmworks". ealingfilmworks.com. Retrieved 2016-02-13.
- "Cinema staff go on strike over London Living Wage". BBC News. 22 June 2014. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- Rucki, Alexandra (10 June 2014). "Eric Cantona lends support to Ritzy Living Wage campaign". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- Lusher, Adam (20 July 2014). "Nudge, nudge: Python supports ushers striking for the living wage". The Independent. Retrieved 22 July 2014.