Pieces of Her
|Published||August 21, 2018|
|Publisher||William Morrow and Company and HarperCollins Publishers|
Pieces of Her is a thriller novel by American author Karin Slaughter, published on August 21, 2018 by William Morrow and Company and HarperCollins Publishers. The novel will be adapted into a television series of the same name.
On her 31st birthday, Andrea Oliver celebrates the occasion at a local diner in Belle Isle with her mother, Laura. Moments later, she witnesses the unthinkable on a day that would forever change her life. After her mother attempts to stop a shooter from killing more victims, Andrea notices that Laura has flipped the script and watches her violently dispose the threat. Visibly shaken, Andrea is left with wavering thoughts and conflicted feelings about her mother's actions. Soon after, a video footage of the incident at the diner becomes a viral hit, exposing Laura's identity to her past enemies. As Andrea begins to gather the pieces of Laura's past on her journey to uncover the real identity that her mother has forsaken long ago, what other truths will she find?
Richard Lipez from The Washington Post gave praise to the novel, stating that "the characters keep you involved all the way, as does the vivid writing." Regina Angeli of Iron Mountain Daily News labeled Pieces of Her as a "clever story concerning the delicate relationship of mothers and daughters" which emphasizes on "the old woodsman’s adage that there is nothing more than dangerous than a mother bear when it comes time to protect her cub."
On February 5, 2019, it was announced that Netflix had given the production a series order for a first season. The series was created by Lesli Linka Glatter, Charlotte Stoudt and Bruna Papandrea, all of whom were expected to executive produce.
- "Pieces of Her". www.karinslaughter.com. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- "Pieces of Her" (first edition). LC Online Catalog. Library of Congress (lccn.loc.gov). Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- Andreeva, Nellie; Pedersen, Erik (February 5, 2019). "'Pieces Of Her': Netflix Orders Novel-Based Series From Lesli Linka Glatter, Charlotte Stoudt & Bruna Papandrea". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- Lipez, Richard (August 16, 2018). "Shots ring out, and a daughter's world is forever changed in 'Pieces of Her'". The Washington Post. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- Angeli, Regina (August 27, 2018). "Book Review: Pieces Of Her". Iron Mountain Daily News. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- Elise Sandberg, Bryn (February 5, 2019). "Netflix Orders 'Pieces of Her' Thriller Series Based on Novel". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- "Netflix orders thriller series pieces of her from #1 international bestselling author Karin Slaughter". Netflix Media Center. Retrieved February 6, 2019.