1 August 1933|
Bitche, Lorraine, France
|Died||24 November 2015(aged 82)|
|Institutions||University of Zurich|
|Alma mater||University of Paris|
|Doctoral students||Klaus Bongartz
Pierre Gabriel (1 August 1933 – 24 November 2015), also known as Peter Gabriel, was a French mathematician at the universities of Strasbourg (1962-1970), Bonn (1970-1974) and Zürich (1974-1998) who worked on category theory, algebraic groups, and representation theory of algebras. He was elected a correspondent member of the French Academy of Sciences in November 1986.
- Gabriel's theorem
- Gabriel filter
- Gabriel composition of filters
- Gabriel localization
- Gabriel multiplication
- Gabriel–Rosenberg reconstruction theorem
- Gabriel–Popescu embedding theorem
- Gabriel’s property
- "Biography fr. French site". Peter Gabriel Peter Mathematics. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- "Edition de Sarreguemines Bitche - Décès de Pierre Gabriel militant du bilinguisme". republicain-lorrain.fr.