Pietro Amato performing with Bell Orchestre in 2006.
|Associated acts||Torngat, Bell Orchestre, The Luyas, Arcade Fire|
Pietro Amato is a Montreal French horn player. He plays with three bands: Torngat, Bell Orchestre, and The Luyas. Amato is also involved with Arcade Fire providing studio contributions and occasional touring.
In 2006 Bell Orchestre performed at the Montreal Jazz Festival and in 2007 Amato and company were nominated for a Juno Award for their work in Recording a Tape the Colour of the Light. In 2010 they won best instrumental album for As Seen Through Windows.
Amato is a founding member of Torngat, his longest standing musical project. In July 2006 a stand-in temporarily replaced Amato for Bell Orchestre's European tour while he devoted his time to Torngat's 2007 album, You Could Be.
- March with Bell Orchestre in Europe (promoting Recording a Tape the Colour of the Light)
- April with Torngat in Eastern Canada (promoting La Rouge)
- May with Bell Orchestre in the U.S. (promoting Recording a Tape the Colour of the Light)
- March with Arcade Fire in Canada (promoting Neon Bible)
- April with The Luyas in Ontario (promoting Faker Death)
- September–November with Torngat in Eastern Canada and New York City (promoting You Could Be)
- March–April with Torngat in Canada and the US (promoting La Petite Nicole)
- April–May, July with Bell Orchestre in Canada and parts of the US (promoting As Seen Through Windows)
- October–November with Torngat in Canada and the US (promoting La Petite Nicole)
- March–April with The Luyas in Canada and the US (promoting Too Beautiful to Work)
- April–May with The Luyas in Europe
- Torngat (2002)
- Live at The Bread Factory (2004)
- La Rouge (2005)
- You Could Be (2007)
- La Petite Nicole (2009)
- Recording a Tape the Colour of the Light (2005)
- Who Designs Nature's How (2009) EP
- As Seen Through Windows (2009)
- Faker Death (2007)
- Tiny Head (2009) self released EP
- Too Beautiful to Work (2011)
Evalyn Parry - Small Theatres (2007)
Sevens Project - Sevens Project (2010)
Ferriswheel - Woodsongs from the Backroom (2010)
- Belgrave (2011)
- Paper Beat Scissors (2012)