|Directed by||Erik Skjoldbjærg|
|Written by||Erik Skjoldbjærg|
|Edited by||Frida Eggum Michaelsen
|Distributed by||Nordisk Film|
Pioneer (Norwegian: Pionér) is a 2013 Norwegian thriller film directed by Erik Skjoldbjærg. It was released on 30 August, followed by a screening in the Special Presentation section at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival.
Petter is a commercial offshore diver in the North Sea during the 1980s. Norway is at the beginning of its program for oil harvesting. Petter and his brother Knut have key roles in laying the first petroleum pipe in the North Sea. Norwegians and Americans are cooperating in diving deeper than anyone previously has done, to prepare for the installation of a gas pipeline. Petter experiences a tragic accident during a test dive. When he later tries to find out what really happened, he finds that the authorities and his colleagues are trying to cover up the matter.
- Aksel Hennie as Petter
- Wes Bentley as Mike
- Stephen Lang as Ferris
- Jonathan LaPaglia as Ronald
- Stephanie Sigman as Maria
- Jørgen Langhelle as Leif
- Ane Dahl Torp as Pia
- André Eriksen as Knut
- Arne Lindtner Næss as Minister
- Endre Hellestveit as Trond
- Janne Heltberg as Trude
- Kent Albinsson as Jens Roger Hjort
- The drilling rig Byford Dolphin, where a real-life decompression chamber accident in Norway resulted in the death of a number of divers in 1983.
- "Pioneer (12A)". Arrow Film Distributors. British Board of Film Classification. 12 March 2014. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Pioneer". TIFF. Retrieved 10 August 2013.
- Maugesten, Hanne Marie (2013-08-09). "Pionéren - Vi kan takke Magn Muledal og hans kolleger for velferden vår, mener Aksel Hennie. Han spiller nordsjødykker i ny, norsk film.". Aftenposten A-magasinet (in Norwegian). p. 10.
- Klaustrofobisk dypdykk
- Pionér - Aksel Hennie til bunns i god oljethriller.
- "George Clooney's latest film tells dark tale of underwater peril". The Guardian. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
|This article about a 2010s thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|