This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Stock photography, stock footage, stock vector graphics, stock music|
|Available in||Multilingual (26)|
|Owner||Canva Pty Ltd, Hans Braxmeier, Simon Steinberger|
|Launched||24 November 2010|
Pixabay.com is a website for sharing photos, illustrations, vector graphics, film footage and music, exclusively under the custom Pixabay license, a modified and somewhat more restrictive version of the Creative Commons CC0 license.
On 9 January 2019, Pixabay left CC0 and changed its license to the "Pixabay License", which prohibits the sale of unaltered copies of the licensed works, or distribution as stock images or wallpapers.
- "Pixabay home page". Pixabay.com. Archived from the original on 2019-01-30. Retrieved 2018-10-01. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Terms of Service". web.archive.org. 2019-01-08. Retrieved 2020-11-14.
- "Pixabay - Terms of Service". Retrieved 2020-11-14.
- "Shooting down the idea of free stock photos". The Straits Times. 17 January 2018.
- "The best free stock videos 2020: high quality free videos for all your projects". TechRadar. Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- ""Pixabay ist die größte Bilddatenbank" – Hans Braxmeier im Interview | Investorszene". Investorszene (in German). 16 October 2014. Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- "Australia's design unicorn, Canva, picks up two free image-sharing services, and launches new photo product". TechCrunch. Retrieved 17 December 2020.
- "Pixabay License Change – No Longer a CC0 License – SugarFire". Retrieved 2020-04-20.
- "Pixabay Images are not allowed". Theme Review Team. WordPress.org. 2019-01-13. Retrieved 2019-10-29.