Bay in 2012
|NRHP reference #||66000507 |
|Added to NRHP||October 15, 1966|
|Designated NHL||December 19, 1960 |
Plattsburgh Bay was the site of the Battle of Plattsburgh, a naval and land engagement on September 11, 1814. During the battle, U.S. land and naval forces repulsed the last foreign invasion attempt on the northern states during the War of 1812. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1960.
- List of National Historic Landmarks in New York
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Clinton County, New York
- National Park Service (2007-01-23). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Plattsburgh Bay". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. 2007-09-19.
- Charles A. Ashton and Richard W. Hunter (October 1983). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory-Nomination: Plattsburgh Bay" (pdf). National Park Service. and Accompanying photos, from 1983 and 1972 (3.54 MB)