|Industry||Networked Video Connectivity, Ethernet, Machine Vision,|
|Headquarters||Ottawa, ON and Quebec, QC|
|George Chamberlain, CEO|
Pleora Technologies Inc. is a privately held Canadian company that specializes in video transmitters and receivers that enable the streaming of data or video in real-time over standard Gigabit Ethernet networks. The company was founded in 2000 by George Chamberlain and Alain Rivard.
Pleora works with integrators in the military, medical and manufacturing sectors to develop tailored solutions for networked video connectivity. These solutions involve hardware (iPORT IP engines, vDisplay IP engines) and/or software (eBUS SDK, eBUS drivers) products that stream video and imaging data in real-time over standard Gigabit Ethernet networks.
In addition, the company offers a line of products for Broadcast Over IP (Ethercast engines).
In 2003, Pleora served as a key member of a team of 12 leading industry players who initiated development of a standard for the delivery of high-speed imaging data over Gigabit Ethernet. The management of the standard later moved to the Automated Imaging Association (AIA) and became known as the GigE Vision Standard initiative. Version 1.2 of the GigE Vision standard was ratified in January 2010.
Pleora's hardware and software products have received numerous awards, including the Frost & Sullivan 2007 Product Innovation Award (iPORT Connectivity Solution) and Best Software in Advanced Imaging Pro's 2007 Readers Choice Awards (eBUS Driver Suite).
Pleora has a global network of partners and distributors and is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada.
- GigE Vision Standard Committee from GigE Vision
- GigE Vision Standard Committee from Automated Imaging Association
- Frost & Sullivan Product Innovation Award Recognizes Pioneering Role of Pleora Technologies in Bringing GigE to Machine Vision World from Frost & Sullivan
- GigE Vision Version 1.2 Released January 2010 from Automated Imaging Association
- Advanced Imaging Readers' Choice Awards from Advanced Imaging Pro