|Industry||Lobbying and Public relations|
|Anthony T. Podesta, Chairman
Kimberley Fritts, CEO
Number of employees
The Podesta Group is a lobbying and public affairs firm based in Washington, D.C.. It was founded in 1988 by brothers John Podesta and Tony Podesta and has previously been known as Podesta Associates, podesta.com and PodestaMattoon. The firm most recently reorganized in January 2007 after current Chairman Tony Podesta split with former business partner Dan Mattoon.
The Podesta Group has been retained by Wal-Mart, BP and Lockheed Martin." Other clients include Abdisalam Omer, the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity, Amgen, Bank Of America, Cherokee Nation (Casinos), Cintas, Covidien, Duke Energy, Egypt, Genentech, General Dynamics, Harrah's Entertainment, Heineken, Merck, Michelin, National Association of Broadcasters (NAB), National Public Radio (NPR), Nestle, Novartis, Orange County, Florida, Raytheon, Reed Elsevier, Republic of Albania, Republic of Georgia, Sallie Mae, Sunoco, Synthetic Genomics, TJX Companies, Tyco Electronics, Republic of Kenya and United Technologies.
In addition, the Podesta Group acts as a lobbyist for Egypt on U.S. policies of concern, activities in Congress and the Executive branch, and developments on the U.S. political scene generally,' according to forms filed with the Justice Department in 2009."
The Podesta Group also carries out public relations work for the government of Azerbaijan for a monthly fee of USD 60,000 plus expenses. According to human rights watchdog organizations, the government of Azerbaijan in mid-2014 has "intensified its already authoritarian crackdown on independent political and other public voices" and has imprisoned at least 40 political activists, human rights defenders, journalists and others "on various trumped-up charges, including drug possession, tax evasion, and even treason".  
- Pear, Robert and John Broder. "In a Lobby-Happy Washington, Politics Can Be Even Thicker Than Blood" The New York Times, 5 September 2000. Retrieved on 18 November 2007.
- Bio of John Podesta on American Progress Website
- Sarasohn, Judy. "PodestaMattoon by Any Other Name . . ." The Washington Post, 2 November 2006. Retrieved on 18 November 2007
- "Lobbying Spending Database - Podesta Group Summary, 2007" The Center for Responsive Politics. Retrieved 18 November 2007
- Elliott, Justin (2011-01-28) Who's doing Mubarak's bidding in Washington?, Salon.com
- "" The Hill.Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- Eisler, Kim. "Hired Guns: The city's 50 top lobbyists." Washingtonian, 1 June 2007. Retrieved 18 November 2007.
- Wilson, Megan R. (September 25, 2013). "Somali bank embroiled in scandal inks contract with lobby firm". The Hill. Retrieved September 29, 2013.
- United States Department of Justice Disclosure form received by NSD/FARA Registration Unit 04/30/2014 Retrieved 3 September 2014
- Williamson, Hugh. Germany Should Bring Azerbaijan Down To Earth Human Rights Watch, Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- European Stability Initiative Standing Up for European Values in Azerbaijan Retrieved 3 September 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Podesta Group.|