Military Police of Goiás State
|Military Police of Goiás State
Polícia Militar do Estado de Goiás
Badge of the Military Police of Goiás State
|Formed||July 28, 1858|
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Operations jurisdiction*||State of Goias, Brazil|
|Map of police jurisdiction.|
|Size||Total 340,086 km2
(131,308 sq mi)
|* Divisional agency: Division of the country, over which the agency has usual operational jurisdiction.|
The Military Police of Goiás State are the preventive police force of the state of Goiás. In Brazil, Military Police are reserve and ancillary forces of the Brazilian Army, and part of the System of Public Security and Brazilian Social Protection. Its members are called "State Military" person.
The Military Police of Goiás State is formed by battalions, companies, and platoons. The battalions (Portuguese: Batalhão de Polícia Militar - BPM) and independent companies (Portuguese: Companhia Independente de Polícia Militar - CIPM) are organized into Regional Commands (Portuguese: Comandos Regionais de Polícia Militar - CRPM). These Commands are in major urban centers, and their battalions and companies are distributed according to population density in cities.
Regional commands of Military Police
1st CRPM - Goiânia
- 1st Battalion - Goiânia;
- 7th Battalion - Goiânia;
- 9th Battalion - Goiânia;
- 13th Battalion - Goiânia;
- 1st Independent Company - Goiânia;
- 6th Independent Company - Goiânia;
- 9th Independent Company - Goiânia;
- 15th Independent Company - Goiânia;
- 28th Independent Company - Goiânia;
- 29th Independent Company - Goiânia.
2nd CRPM - Aparecida de Goiânia
- 8th BPM - Aparecida de Goiânia;
- 22nd BPM - Trindade;
- 8th CIPM - Aparecida de Goiânia;
- 16th CIPM - Aparecida de Goiânia;
- 17th CIPM - Senador Canedo;
- 25th CIPM - Aparecida de Goiânia;
- 26th CIPM - Aparecida de Goiânia.
3rd CRPM - Anápolis
4th CRPM - Goiás
- 6th BPM - Goiás;
- 19th CIPM - Jussara.
5th CRPM - Luziânia
- 10th - BPM - Luziânia;
- 17th BPM - Águas Lindas de Goiás;
- 19th BPM - Novo Gama;
- 20th BPM - Valparaíso de Goiás;
6th CRPM - Itumbiara
7th CRPM - Iporá
8th CRPM - Rio Verde
9th CRPM - Catalão
- 18th BPM - Catalão;
- 11th BPM - Pires do Rio.
10th CRPM - Ceres
11th CRPM - Formosa
- 16th BPM - Formosa;
- 21st BPM - Planaltina de Goiás.
12th CRPM - Porangatu
- 3rd BPM - Porangatu;
- 13th CIPM - São Miguel do Araguaia.
13th CRPM - Posse
- 24th BPM - Posse.
14th CRPM - Jataí
- 15th BPM - Jataí;
- 7th CIPM - Mineiros.
- Regiment of Mounted Police;
- Battalion of Riot Control;
- Battalion of Highway Patrol;
- Battalion of Environmental Police;
- Battalion of Control of Urban Traffic.
- Goiás State
- Military Police of Brazil
- Military Firefighters Corps (Brazil)
- Brazilian Federal Police
- Federal Highway Police
- Brazilian Civil Police
- Brazilian Armed Forces
- Military Police
|This article about government in Brazil is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|