|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (May 2016)|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Polyplex are manufacturers of Biaxially Oriented Polyester (BOPET) Film for packaging, electrical and other industrial applications. It has manufacturing facilities in India, Thailand and Turkey. It has also started manufacturing BOPP films and special films for digital purposes.
With its headquarters in NOIDA, adjoining New Delhi the company has four PET Film manufacturing facilities–one in Khatima and one in Bajpur, in the state of Uttarakhand, India, one in Rayong province, Thailand, and one in Tekirdağ, Turkey (owned and operated by Polyplex (Thailand) Public Company Ltd. and Polyplex Europa Polyester Film Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. respectively, its wholly owned subsidiaries).
Polyplex has established itself as one of the most profitable producers of PET Film by way of cost efficient operations resulting from high productivity and low overheads. Its products have gained wide acceptance in the global markets, such as the United States, Europe, Southeast Asia, South America and Australia, where the company has been consistently exporting a substantial part of its production.
Polyplex has also diversified into BoPP, CPP and downstream in metallising, silicone coating (Khatima and Thailand)and extrusion coating.
Polyplex is setting up a new line in Decatur, Alabama in the United States, and is further expanding into thick film in Thailand and bottle-grade resin in Turkey.
Biaxially oriented PET film (BOPET) is used successfully in a wide range of applications, due to its excellent combination of optical, physical, mechanical, thermal, and chemical properties, as well as its unique versatility.
- Optically brilliant, clear appearance
- Unequaled mechanical strength and toughness
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Good flatness and coefficient of friction (COF)
- Tear-resistant and puncture-resistant characteristics
- Wide range of thickness-as thin as 1 micron up to 350 micron
- Excellent dimensional stability over a wide range of temperatures
- Very good resistance to most common solvents, moisture, oil, and grease
- Excellent barrier against a wide range of gases
PET film can also be modified:
- from extremely low shrinkage (<0.1%) to as high as about 75%-in any direction;
- with pigments and fillers into a wide range of colors, haze, translucency, or opacity; and
- to change surface textures from very smooth to any desired roughness.
A wide range of chemical treatments (in addition to corona) can be applied to PET film during its manufacture to help it adhere to various coatings, such as inks, adhesives, metalization, etc. Surface treatments can also be applied to incorporate properties like surface-slip and anti-static. Yet another approach is co-extrusion, where different polyester layers are combined to obtain properties like built-in heat sealability, rough surface with high clarity, etc.
Details on Surface Treatment
In addition to its versatility in properties and applications, PET film is also among the most environmentally friendly materials offered. Hundreds of film grades are currently available to meet your needs. Click here for details...
PET is considered to be a "green" or environmentally friendly polymer. The reason being that PET and PET-based products are -
- Do not contains heavy metals
- Do not use plasticizers
- Easily recycled
As the demand for PET grows, more and more applications are being developed. This will allow industries throughout the world the ability to use PET Film to make stronger, lighter products-thus helping them replace other heavier materials that have undesirable environmental characteristics.
- "POLYPLEX Corporation Limited (World's 4th Largest Manufacturers of Thin Polyester Films)". W3C. 2012-01-01. Retrieved 2012-01-01.