A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Andrew Wansel|
|Born||April 27, 1988|
|Origin||Philadelphia, PA, USA|
|Associated acts||Pop & Oak|
Andrew "Pop" Wansel (born April 27, 1988) is an American record producer, musician and songwriter from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. As the son of Philadelphia soul icon Dexter Wansel, Pop grew up in the music industry and began writing and producing his own music at the age of ten, citing rapper Nas and Motown songwriting team Holland–Dozier–Holland as his early inspirations.
In 2006, Pop reached out to Nicki Minaj via Myspace message looking to collaborate. After her initial interest, he sent her an idea that would that would eventually become the basis for "Your Love". Nicki recorded the track and the unmastered demo subsequently leaked in 2009, landing at #1 on Billboard's Hot 100 Rap Songs, and launching Pop and production partner Warren "Oak" Felder (Pop & Oak) to international acclaim.
Awards and nominations
|2017||"Here" (Alessia Cara)||Pop Song of the Year||Won|
|2015||"Good Kisser" (Usher)||Best R&B Song||Nominated|
|2018||Pop Wansel||Producer of the Year||Nominated|
- "Andrew 'Pop' Wansel". Universal Music Publishing Group. UMPG. Retrieved 2017-07-27.
- "10 Questions With Andrew "Pop" Wansel". BMI.com. 2014-11-17. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
- "Beat Construction: Meet Andrew "Pop" Wansel, the Producer Behind Nicki Minaj's Soft Side". The FADER. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
- Trammel, Matthew. "Beat Construction: Meet Andrew "Pop" Wansel, the Producer Behind Nicki Minaj's Soft Side". thefader.com. The Fader. Retrieved 2017-07-27.
- "2018 iHeartRadio Music Awards: Full List of Nominees". iHeartRadio.com. iHeartRadio. Retrieved 2018-01-11.