From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Poppy or poppy in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Poppy is any flower with the genus or species Papaveraceae which has the common name poppy.
Poppy may also refer to:
- Poppy (given name), including a list of people and fictional characters
- Poppy (singer), American singer and songwriter known for her eponymous musical project
- a family nickname of former President George H. W. Bush (born 1924), popularized by New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd
- early nickname of Lucy, Lady Houston (1857–1936), British philanthropist, political activist, suffragette and eccentric
- Katharine Poppy Harlow (born 1982), American news anchor and reporter
- Poppy Morgan (born 1983), pseudonym of an English pornographic actress, model and director
- Poppy Windham, stage name of British actress, interior decorator and pioneering aviator Elsie Mackay (c. 1893–1928)
- Andrew Poppy (born 1954), English composer, pianist and record producer
- Paul Puopolo (born 1987), Australian rules footballer nicknamed "Poppy"
Arts and entertainment
- Poppy (1917 film), an American film starring Norma Talmadge
- Poppy (1936 film), based on the 1923 musical and starring W. C. Fields
- Poppy (1952 film), with Anna Maria Ferrero
- Poppy (1923 musical), a Broadway comedy
- Poppy (musical), a comedy about the Opium Wars, that premiered in 1982
- "Poppy", from the album Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes by TV on the Radio
- "Poppy", from K.I.D.S.
- HMS Poppy, two 20th century Royal Navy ships
- USS Poppy (1863), an American Civil War steamboat
- USAHS Blanche F. Sigman, a 1943 World War II US Army hospital ship originally assigned the name USAHS Poppy
- Poppy Mountain, Massachusetts
- Poppy Peak, California (see Poppy Peak Historic District)
- Poppy (satellite), a series of US intelligence satellites
- Poppy (publisher), a publisher of children's books
- Dedalus Poppy, a homebuilt 1980s ultralight aircraft
- All pages with a title containing poppy
- The Poppies (disambiguation), various musical groups and sports team nicknames
- The Poppy appeal, annual charity appeal in the UK to raise money for the Royal British Legion
- Poppi, a comune in Italy
- Poppie, a fictional character in the Seinfeld television series
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Poppy.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.