Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Comune di Poppi|
Poppi Skyline viewed from the North
|Frazioni||Avena, Badia Prataglia, Becarino, Camaldoli, Larniano, Lierna, Memmenano, Moggiona, Ponte a Poppi, Porrena, Quorle, Quota, Riosecco, Sala, San Martino a Monte, San Martino in Tremoleto.|
|• Mayor||Carlo Toni|
|• Total||96.9 km2 (37.4 sq mi)|
|Elevation||437 m (1,434 ft)|
|• Density||66/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||San Torello|
|Saint day||March 16|
- Poppi Castle, or the Castello dei Conti Guidi, the main building in the Casentino, known from 1191, was owned by the Counts Guidi. It has additions by Arnolfo di Cambio. It has a courtyard, an external staircase, its chapel with frescos and its library containing rare manuscripts and incunabula.
- Hermitage of Camaldoli, the ancestral seat of the Camaldolese monastic order.
- Madonna del Morbo Sanctuary in the centre of the town, containing a painting of the Virgin attributed to Filippino Lippi.
- The annual festival commences in the upper town on 29 June, when a large procession bears the image of the Virgin from the Church of Madonna del Morbo to the Church of Saints Marco and Lorenzo, where it remains for the duration of the week.
- The Museo e Arboreto Carlo Siemoni is a historic ducal villa and arboretum.
- Palazzo Crudeli, birthplace of Tommaso Crudeli condemned by the Catholic Church as heretic. He belonged to the first Freemason Lodge of Italy established by the English colony in Florence, 1732. He died in the same Palazzo after torture and imprisonment.
- Museum Affaire Crudeli and Human Rights.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- Occhi sul Casentino, Azienda Autonoma di Soggiorno e Tourismo di Bibbiena, Chiusi della Verna e Poppi, 1980
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Poppi.|
- Official website (in Italian and English)