Portal:Panama/Did you know
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- That more than 12000 people died in the construction of the Panama Railroad?
- That Richard Halliburton (on the picture) swam the Panama Canal in 1928 paying only 36 cents for the transit?
- That the Balboa (Panamanian currency - ISO 4217 code PAB) has been tied to the U.S. dollar (which is legal tender in Panama) at an exchange rate of 1:1 since 1904?
- That after a constitutional amendment, passed in 1994, Panama permanently abolished the military?
- That the pearls in the Spanish Crown came from Panama?
- Charles V of Spain proposed and researched to make a Canal through Panama?
- That Panama has the fastest growing economy in Latin America in 2006 and 2007?
- That Panama is the most globalized country in Latinamerica and has the highest number of investments by Americans and Europeans which account for at least 4.5 billions Dollars?
- That in a period of three years, 25 casinos opened which resulted in Panama becoming the 2nd country with the most casinos in Latin America?