Portal:Pennsylvania/Did you know/10
- ... that Daniel Hughes (pictured) was a mulatto raftsman who led fugitive slaves to freedom by transporting them in his barge and providing shelter at his Loyalsock Township, Pennsylvania home?
- ... that Dr. Joseph Rothrock is known as the "Father of Forestry" in Pennsylvania, and is the namesake for Rothrock State Forest?
- ... that Williamsport, Pennsylvania was once known as the "Lumber Capital of the World" and is the birthplace of Little League Baseball?
- ... that the Pennsylvania Ministerium was the first Lutheran church body in North America?
- ... that although Plunketts Creek in Pennsylvania was named for a suspected Loyalist during the American Revolution, by 1838 his name was so controversial that Plunketts Creek Township was named for the creek instead?