Portal:Pennsylvania/Did you know/23
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ... that Isaac D. Barnard (pictured) fought at the Battle of Plattsburg in the War of 1812, and later became Secretary of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania?
- … that the decision of a Pennsylvania provincial court in 1764, The King v. Haas, is one of the first attempts to apply the writ of habeas corpus in the Thirteen Colonies?
- … that the 31-mile (50 km) West Rim Trail along the Grand Canyon was selected by Outside Magazine as the best hike in Pennsylvania?
- … that six latrines at Black Moshannon State Park in Pennsylvania are listed on the National Register of Historic Places?
- ... that the now-defunct Arbogast & Bastian abbatoir in Allentown, Pennsylvania, could process most of the 850,000 hogs raised annually in Pennsylvania?