|WikiProject Portals||(Rated FPo-class)|
|The Electronics Portal is a featured portal, which means it has been identified as one of the best portals on Wikipedia. If you see a way this portal can be updated or improved without compromising previous work, please feel free to contribute.|
|Current status: Featured portal|
|WikiProject Electronics||(Rated Portal-class)|
- Portal:Electronics/Related portals
- Portal:Electronics/Selected article
- Portal:Electronics/Selected picture
- Portal:Electronics/Selected product
- Portal:Electronics/Selected design
- Portal:Electronics/Electronics topics
- Portal:Electronics/Things you can do
- Portal:Electronics/Electronics news
- Portal:Electronics/Electronics news archive
- Portal:Electronics/Selected biography
- Portal:Electronics/Did you know
- You don't include as many links to main articles as one might like. A statement at the bottom to the effect of More... at the bottom of each section is generally a good idea, linking to the rest of the article.
- I was asked to remove the "More at..." type of links aways back, goin thru an FPortalC, bolding and linking the title of the article should be sufficient. Which I think I concur with(so have used since) because that's how all links to other articles are presented in every article on Wikipedia, simply by linking. Main page does it the same way(cept for FAs, weird), as well as all content on Wikipedia:Featured content.
- You generally want to include only the best quality articles in a portal. I am having a bot run a check on the assessment status of the various articles in the Category:Electronics, and the results should appear on its talk page sometime soon. Getting together a list of Featured articles and good articles which relate to the portal for inclusion might work there. Alternately, setting up the articles on autorotation might work.
- I ran thru FPs(got all I could find) and did a spotty search thru FAs. I feel like most articles featured in the portal are of a reasonable quality. If you have specifics, please lemme know. I will be anxiously awaiting the bots results. Would love to add a few more "Featured" status articles.
- Maybe adding a section or two on electronic theory and other related topics, to help the general user better understand what's being discussed.
- I'll see what I can do, maybe "Selected laws" or "Theorems"?
- And, personally, a very minor point. White looks dull. Maybe adding a slightly more unusual background color might get a bit more attention. Anyway, those are my immediate responses. I'm sure everyone who follows will be able to make more helpful contributions. Badbilltucker 19:57, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
- Hows the color? Green was used for printed circuit boards, I tried to use a gold/copper color for borders, but it was outlandish. Any suggestions on a suitable color scheme that matches electronics? Thanks for the input. :) Joe I 01:56, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
"Consumer electronics are electronic devices intended for everyday use by people"
Plenty of consumer electronics is not intended for everyday use, and plenty of non-consumer electronics is intended fo everyday use. As a description or definition its simply wrong. Tabby (talk) 07:22, 14 May 2008 (UTC)
Notice from the Portals WikiProject
WikiProject Portals is back!
The project was rebooted and completely overhauled on April 17th, 2018. Its goals are to revitalize the entire portal system, make building and maintaining portals easier, support the ongoing improvement of portals and the editors dedicated to this, and design the portals of the future.
As of May 2nd, 2018, membership is at 60 editors, and growing. You are welcome to join us.
There are design initiatives for revitalizing the portals system as a whole, and for improving each component of portals. So far, 2 new dynamic components have been developed: Template:Transclude lead excerpt and Template:Transclude random excerpt.
Tools are provided for building and maintaining portals, including automated portals that update themselves in various ways.
And, if you are bored and would like something to occupy your mind, we have a wonderful task list.