Prabhu Goel (born 1951) is an Indian-American researcher, entrepreneur and businessman, known for having developed the PODEM Automatic test pattern generation and Verilog hardware description language.
In 1970 Goel graduated as an electrical engineer from the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India. He was the President's Gold Medalist of his IIT batch and received a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University, in 1974.
In 1973, he joined IBM's EDA organization where he was involved with chip test automation. At IBM he developed the Podem algorithm.
He has set up "Poonam and Prabhu Goel Chair" at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Kanpur in the area of Internet Space, and the "Prabhu Goel Research Centre For Computer & Internet Security". He was a founding member of TiE (The Indus Entrepreneur) the largest organization of entrepreneurs in the world, with chapters in 42 countries.
- The Entrepreneurship Dynamic: Origins of Entrepreneurship and the Evolution ... By Claudia Bird Schoonhoven, Elaine Romanelli, Stanford University Press, 2001, p. 88
- SystemVerilog for Design: A Guide to Using SystemVerilog for Hardware Design and Modeling, Stuart Sutherland, Simon Davidmann, Peter Flake, Springer, 2004, p. 359
- Essentials of Electronic Testing for Digital, Memory, and Mixed-Signal VLSI Circuits, M. Bushnell, Vishwani Agrawal, Springer, Nov 30, 2000, p. 187
- iPolicy Networks' CEO Wins 2003 IEEE Industrial Pioneer Award; Prabhu Goel's Recent Award Reflects Visionary Career and Lifetime Contributions, BUSINESS WIRE, June 07, 2004,
- Prabhu Goel, Founder and Chairman of the Board, Signet Solar, Inc, http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=720533&privcapId=40208381&previousCapId=391687&previousTitle=CITIGROUP%20INC
- Poonam & Prabhu Goel Chair at IIT Kanpur http://www.iitk.ac.in/drpg/chair/ppgchair.htm
- Prabhu Goel Research Centre For Computer & Internet Security http://www.security.iitk.ac.in/