2019 Prayag Kumbh Mela
|English name||Kumbh festival 2019|
|Date||15 January – 4 March 2019|
|Also known as||Ardh Kumbh Mela|
|Budget||₹4200 Crores ($605,400,000)|
|Patrons||Ascetics, Saints, Sadhus, Sadhvis, Kalpvasis, and Pilgrims|
|Organised by||Prayagraj Mela Authority|
|Participants||120 million Hindu devotees|
|UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage|
A bill was passed in Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly to set up Prayagraj Mela Authority, a permanent body to oversee the mela. The divisional commission of Allahabad serves its chairperson while the district magistrate and inspector general of police as the vice-chairpersons. Mela officers and other district officials are also the members of this authority.
Around ₹4200 crore will be allotted by the state government for the Ardh Kumbh 2019, over two times more than it had spent on the last Kumbh held in 2013. About 199 projects of 16 government departments are underway under four phases which includes a six-lane bridge over the river Ganga and a four-lane railway over-bridge worth ₹275 crore. The Public Works Department has to execute projects worth ₹430 crore including building an inner ring road in the city. ₹210 crore would be spent on safe drinking water facilities and ₹60 crore to electrify the Kumbh area. Focus is also laid on solid waste management to ensure that Ganga water is not contaminated and putting up LED lights. Moreover, widening and beautification of 18 roads and 25 road crossings is being done with the deadline of October 2018.
The logo of 2019 Kumbh shows a group of Sadhus bathing in the Sangam confluence of the Ganga and the Yamuna. The Uttar Pradesh government has decreed that all state government documents, letterheads and publicity material, including advertisements and hoardings, should carry the new logo. Moreover, cinema halls in the state are directed to display the logo straight after the national anthem is played.
- "Kumbh Mela 2019 Live Updates: Devotees Take Holy Dip In Sangam In UP". NDTV.com. Retrieved 15 January 2019.
- Safi, Michael (15 January 2019). "Kumbh Mela: Hindus converge for largest-ever human gathering". The Guardian.
- "The Triveni Sangam". Atlas Obscura.
- "Bill to set up Prayagraj Mela Authority passed in UP Assembly". 22 December 2017.
- Sharma, Aman (29 December 2017). "Kumbh 2019 work begins, officials arrive with men and machine" – via The Economic Times.
- "मेट्रो सिटी की तरह होंगे शहर के चौराहे".
- Sharma, Aman (14 December 2017). "Uttar Pradesh letters to carry Kumbh Mela logo". The Economic Times.
- "UP cinema halls to show Kumbh logo before screening movies". 3 January 2018.