Premendra Mazumder is a film -critic, -author, -curator, -consultant, -society-activist, -festival-organizer and -festival-advisor. He has participated in many international film festivals as jury member, talked in seminars and round-table discussions, conducted workshops, delivered lectures and presented papers on various topics at national and international conferences. He has presented key-note address on ‘Globalisation and Cinema’ at the Seminar of the International Film Festival of Bangladesh Dhaka in Sept 2003. Participated in the panel of the Seminar on ‘Human Rights and Cinema’ at Cairo International Film Festival in Nov. 2008. Attended interactive sessions for promotion of cinema with the filmmakers of Mongolia and Ulaanbaatar City Government at Ulaanbaatar Film Festival, Mongolia in Apr 2005. Delivered presentation in the International Workshop for the Promotion of Myanmar Cinema in Yangon in Dec 2012. As a special guest attended Eurasia Film Festival Almaty City Kazakhstan in Sept 2007, Cairo International Film Festival in Nov 2012 and Alexandria Film Festival in April 2018. Presented special paper with audio-visual presentation on the ‘Image of Women in Indian Cinema’ at the Subversive Film Festival in Zagreb, Croatia in May 2011 where he also participated in the panel discussion on Indian Cinema and contributed several articles on Indian Cinemas including the theme article on the ‘Impact of Radical Political Movements on Indian Cinema’. He took part in the seminars on ‘Politics of Cinema and Social Dynamics’ and ‘Trends in South Asian Independent Cinema’ in Dec 2015 at Kathmandu. Participated the Asian Film Critics Conference in Dhaka International Film Festival in Jan 2018 and Jan 2019.
As a special invitee attended the International Festival of Film Societies in different cities of Italy for consecutive five years from 2003 to 2007. As an International Critic and Curator participated the 1st International Critics Week of Cairo International Film Festival in Nov 2014. Participated in different seminars, symposiums and workshops many times in Chennai International Film Festival, Third Eye Asian Film Festival Mumbai, Bangalore International Film Festival, Hyderabad International Film Festival, Assam International Film Festival, Guwahati International Film Festival, Kalinga International Film Festival Bhubaneswar, Kashmir World Film Festival Sri Nagar, International Film Festival of Bangladesh and others.
He works as the advisor, curator, consultant and programmer for several film festivals in Asia, Europe, Africa and America. He was the Official Correspondent for India for the ‘Cannes Critics Week’ since 2005. He organizes film appreciation courses and film workshops in India and abroad. As a guest faculty attended the International Film Workshop of Nepal in Kathmandu and Dolakha in Feb 2012. Participated as the speaker in the National Seminars on Cinema & Society at Dibrugarh University in March 2012 and at Siliguri College in March 2013 both sponsored by the University Grant Commission of India. Organized the Celebration Ceremony of 100 Years of Indian Cinema in Zagreb and Split at Croatia in May 2013. Presented his paper on ‘Indian Cinema: Bollywood & Beyomd’ in the Film Market of the Eurasia International Film Festival at Astana, Kazakhstan in July 2018. Presented Cinema of India section in the Carthage International Film Festival Tunisia in Nov 2018.
He works for the International Critics' Week Cannes (since 2006), and for the Cairo International Film Critics Week  (since its inception). And presented the Celebration Ceremony of 100 Years of Indian Cinema in Croatia (May 2013).
He has inaugurated various film societies, and has been the chief guest at important film meets over the last decade. Additionally, he initiated the 1st FFSI International Film Festival traveling in over 40 cities in India. The Festival was inaugurated on 3 August 2015 in Kolkata.
Writings on cinema
Premendra Mazumder's thoughts on cinema have been published in a variety of serious Indian film magazines; daily newspapers; and film journals - Screen, Rupwani, and DNA (Mumbai), Cinemaya (Delhi), Filmbuff, College Street, Chitrabhavna, and Chitralipi (Kolkata), Deep Focus (Bangalore),. The international film magazines in which his writings have appeared include Positif (Paris), Subversive  Cinema (Portugal), Film Realm (Cairo), Cinesith (Colombo), 16mm (Dhaka), and Deepwani (Port Blair). He is also the Indian correspondent of the Cannes Critics Week.
- Editorial Board - Dictionnaire du cinéma asiatique  published in October 2008 by the Nouveau Monde Editions 
- Editor - The Poet of Celluloid on the life and works of the master film maker Buddhadeb Dasgupta 
- Executive-editor/co-author - 'Indian Film Culture'  (2010)
- Executive-editor/co-author - 'Indian Film Culture: Indian Cinema' (2016)
- Co-author - Routledge Handbook of Indian Cinemas (chapter titled, 'Music in Mainstream Indian Cinema') 
- Author - Film Society Movement: a Success or Failure? 
- Author - Folk Songs of Bengal 
Books and plays
His collection of essays in Bengali titled 'Prekshapat' (was first published from Kolkata in 1994. He has written the book titled 'Hundred Years of Indian Cinema' in Bengali published from Kolkata in December 1996. His collection of plays in Bengali titled 'Samay Ashamayer Natya Bhavna' was published from Kolkata in 2005. His following plays were regularly staged by a couple of city theater groups from 2002 onward:
- Hanuman Charit - 1st staged on 1 April 2002 at Muktangan, Kolkata by Ritwik South
- Ichchhepuraan - 1st staged on 9 October 2002 at Madhusudan Mancha, Kolkata by Ritwik South
- Neel Darja - 1st staged on 23 October 2002 at Sisir Mancha, Kolkata by Sheemantika
- Mrittika - 1st staged on 14 December 2004 at Girish Mancha, Kolkata by Sheemantika
He has authored the chapter 'Music in Mainstream Indian Cinema' for the 'Routledge Handbook of Indian Cinemas' published from London in April 2013. He has edited the book 'The Poet of Celluloid' by the Federation of Film Societies of India (FFSI) in February 2014. Also edited the compendium of 'Indian Film Culture' on 'Indian Cinema' published by FFSI in September 2016. He also has worked in the Editorial Board of the 'Dictionary of Asian Cinema' published in October 2008 by the Nouveau Monde Editions, Paris where he contributed several entries on the cinemas of India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
- Secretary (2019-contd) - FIPRESCI-India FIPRESCI
- Vice President (2018-contd)- Federation of Film Societies of India (FFSI)
- Secretary (2008-contd) - Indian Film Critics Association (IFCA)
- President (2006-contd) - Film Critics Circle of India (FCCI)
- Program Director (2015-contd)- Third Eye Asian Film Festival Mumbai 
- Festival Coordinator (2016-contd)- South Asian Short Film Festival 
- Secretary (2010-2012) - Asian Chapter of International Federation of Film Societies (IFFS)
- Vice President (2012-2014)- Federation of Film Societies of India (FFSI)
- General Secretary (2014-2016) - Federation of Film Societies of India (FFSI)
Premendra has served as the Jury Member in Jeevika Livelihood Documentary Competition New Delhi in Dec 2004, Mumbai International Film Festival MAMI in Jan 2005, Mumbai International Film Festival for Shorts Documentaries & Animations MIFF in Feb 2006, Kara Film Festival Karachi in Dec 2006, Hyderabad International Film Festival in Jan 2008, Ismailia International Festival for Documentary & Short Films Egypt in Oct 2008, Jeevika Asian Livelihood Documentary Competition New Delhi in Aug 2010, Short & Documentary Film Festival Hyderabad in Sept 2010, Shaken's Stars International Film Festival Almaty Kazakhstan in May 2012, Abu Dhabi Film Festival UAE in Oct 2012, Evora International Film Festival for Shorts & Documentaries FIKE Portugal in Oct 2013, Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival Nepal in Dec 2015, Saguenay International Short Film Festival Quebec City Canada in Mar 2016, SIGNS Short & Documentary Film Festival Cochin Kerala in Sept 2016, Cairo International Film Festival in Nov 2016, Jaffna International Cinema Festival Sri Lanka in Sept 2017, Busan International Film Festival in Oct 2017, Bangalore International Film Festival in Feb 2018, Ismailia International Film Festival Egypt in Apr 2018, Slemani International Film Festival Kurdistan Iraq in Oct 2018, Third Eye Asian Film Festival Mumbai in Dec 2018 and others.
- Jeevika Livelihood Documentary Competition (New Delhi, India, Dec 2004)
- Mumbai International Film Festival  MAMI (Mumbai, India, Jan 2005)
- Mumbai International Film Festival for Shorts Documentaries & Animations  MIFF (Mumbai, India, Feb 2006)
- Kara Film Festival  (Karachi, Pakistan, Dec 2006)
- Hyderabad International Film Festival (Hyderabad, India, Jan 2008)
- Ismailia International Festival for Documentary & Short Films (Ismailia, Egypt, Oct 2008)
- Jeevika Asian Livelihood Documentary Competition  (New Delhi, India, Aug 2010)
- Short & Documentary Film Festival Hyderabad (Hyderabad, India, Sept 2010)
- Shaken's Stars International Film Festival Almaty (Almaty, Kazakhstan, May 2012)
- Abu Dhabi Film Festival UAE  (Abu Dhabi, Oct 2012)
- Evora International Film Festival for Shorts & Documentaries FIKE  (Evora, Portugal, Oct 2013)
- Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival  (Kathmandu, Nepal, Dec 2015)
- Regard: Saguenay International Short Film Festival  (Quebec City, Canada, March 2016)
- SiGNS Film Festival (Cochin, India, Sept 2016)
- Cairo International Film Festival (Cairo, Egypt, Nov 2016)
- Jaffna International Cinema Festival (Jaffna, Sri Lanka, Sept 2017)
- Busan International Film Festival (Busan, Korea, Oct 2017)
- Bangalore International Film Festival (Bangalore, India, Feb 2018)
- Ismailia International Film Festival (Ismailia, Egypt, Apr 2018)
- Slemani International Film Festival (Slemani, Kurdistan, Iraq, Oct 2018)
- Third Eye Asian Film Festival (Mumbai, India, Dec 2018)
- "SubversiveFilmFestival". subversivefestival.com.
- "Festivals bring short films back in limelight - Times of India". indiatimes.com.
- "SUBVERSIVEFILMFESTIVAL". subversivefestival.com.
- "Stock Photography, Royalty-Free Photos & The Latest News Pictures - Getty Images". demotix.com.
- "KiMFF receives warm welcome". ekantipur.com.
- "Panel Discussion – Trends in South Asian Independent Cinema". kimff.org.
- "Cairo International Film Critics Week". cairofilmcriticsweek.com.
- ":: Campus Film Society ::". kiit.ac.in.
- Desk, Odisha Sun Times Editorial (5 January 2015). "Campus film society inaugurated at KIIT varsity in Odisha capital". odishasuntimes.com.
- "InstitutionsContents". visva-bharati.ac.in.
- Trade, TI. "The Assam Tribune Online". assamtribune.com.
- "Assam international film festival kicks off in Jorhat college - Times of India". indiatimes.com.
- http://ffsifilmculture.blogspot.in/2010_12_01_archive.html%7Ctitle=FFSI Film Culture
- "Bengali film fest to screen films from India, Bangladesh - Times of India". indiatimes.com.
- "Cine Club celebrates 50 golden years". telegraphindia.com.
- "Bangla filmmaker for same-day release - Times of India". indiatimes.com.
- Trade, TI. "The Assam Tribune Online". assamtribune.com.
- "Fresh take on silver screen tryst - Times of India". indiatimes.com.
- "Farooki to present 'Ant Story' at FFSI International Film Festival". clickittefaq.com.
- "'Tagore was inescapable' - Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dnaindia.com. 11 August 2006.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2015.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "SUBVERSIVEFILMFESTIVAL". subversivefestival.com.
- "Dictionnaire du cinéma asiatique".
- "Nouveau Monde éditions".
- "Federation of Film Societies of India". ffsiarchive.blogspot.in.
- "Indian Film Culture 15th Edition August 2010.pdf". google.com.
- Gokulsing, K. Moti; Dissanayake, Wimal (17 April 2013). "Routledge Handbook of Indian Cinemas". Routledge – via Google Books.
- "Routledge Handbook of Indian Cinemas (Hardback) - Routledge". routledge.com.
- Development, Chits. "FILM SOCIETY MOVEMENT ? A SUCCESS OR FAILURE ? Ebook by Premendra Mazumder". ideaindia.com.
- Mazumder, Premendra (11 August 2011). "FOLK SONGS OF BENGAL". IDEAINDIA.COM – via Amazon.
- "Federation of Film Societies of India". ffsi.online.
- "Third Eye Asian Film Festival Mumbai". affmumbai.org.
- "South Asian Short Film Festival". sasff.online.
- "IFFS - International Federation of Film Societies". ficc.info.
- "Kinema : : A Journal for Film and Audiovisual Media".
- "MIFF'2006 Jury".
- "iPhone7". karafilmfest.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 14 April 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2015.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Reviews, opinions-Kyrgyz Cinema".
- http://www.abudhabifilmfestival.ae/en/Press/press-releases/2012/2012-10-19-ADFF-Unveils-Winners-of-2012-Black-Pearl-FIPRESCI-and-NETPAC-Awards%7Ctitle=ADFF Unveils Winners of 2012 Black Pearl, FIPRESCI and NETPAC Awards
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 10 April 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2015.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "KIMFF kicks off with 'unbroken spirit' - The Himalayan Times". thehimalayantimes.com. 11 December 2015.
- "KIMFF is back with 'unbroken spirit'". myrepublica.com.
- "Programming". festivalregard.com.
- "Festival Regard 2016: Rencontre avec David Uloth". cinefilic.com.