Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University
|جامعة الأمير محمد بن فهد|
|Motto||Making History... Building Leaders|
|President||Dr. Issa Al- Ansari|
|Location||Dhahran, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia|
Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University (Arabic: جامعة الأمير محمد بن فهد ), abbreviated PMU, is a private university in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. It was founded by Prince Muhammad bin Fahd, former governor of the Eastern Province.
The University (accredited by the Saudi Ministry of Education but not by any international accreditation body) was inaugurated in April 2006 and was formally opened on 8 October 2008 with bachelor's degrees in 17 academic programs with some courses taught in Arabic (many are being taught in English currently). It is composed of three colleges: College of Engineering - Civil and Mechanical for males, and Interior Design for females), College of Business (both genders- but in segregated programs with most of the faculty on the male side) and College of Information Technology (both genders). In March 2008 it started an Executive EMBA program in conjunction with Maastricht School of Management. As of 17 March 2012, the affiliation with Maastricht was terminated by Maastricht.
All university buildings were planned for completion in 2008, and the school planned to have a total enrollment of 5,500 by 2012. The university plant was not complete as of the summer of 2009. All administration buildings are on the men's campus and are generally off-limits to the women— faculty, staff and students. There is a small library, also segregated; the men's side is twice the size of the women's.
The design is based on the American model for academic programs and administrative organization, and was developed in conjunction with the non-profit Texas International Education Consortium which organizes experts from the 32 public universities in Texas.
- "10 Saudi Royals Who Could Become the Next Crown Prince". Riyadh Bureau. 2013. Archived from the original on 2012-12-13. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University: جامعة الأمير محمد بن فهد". 4International Colleges & Universities: University Web Rankings & Reviews. 2016-04-30. Archived from the original on 2016-04-26. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "New Saudi varsity in Sept". Khaleej Times Online. Archived from the original on 2006-05-02. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
The Prince Muhammad bin Fahd University in Al Khobar, which was inaugurated recently by Riyadh Governor Prince Salman, is scheduled to become operational in September.
- "MSM present at Opening PMU, Saudi Arabia". MSM: Maastricht School of Management. 8 October 2008. Archived from the original on 2015-04-04. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
Last November, MSM signed an agreement with PMU, in which several joint programs in the area of management are covered. The first intake of the dual degree Executive MBA Program started in March with a group of 15 talented managers from the region.
- "Middle East: Saudi Arabia". Texas International Education Consortium. 2016. Archived from the original on 2015-10-22. Retrieved 2016-05-15.
Design of Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University.... Start: September 2003 End: June 2007. ...Curriculum Review.... Start: October 2011 End: June 2012
|This Saudi Arabian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|