Princess Anna of Bavaria
Princess Anna and her husband at the Wedding of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, and Daniel Westling
15 March 1978 |
|Spouse||Prince Manuel of Bavaria (m. 2005)|
|Father||Prince Ludwig Ferdinand of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg|
|Mother||Countess Yvonne Wachtmeister af Johannishus|
|Bavarian royal family|
HRH The Dowager Princess of Waldburg
Princess Anna was born Princess Anna of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg in Munich in 1978, the daughter of Prince Ludwig Ferdinand of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and Countess Yvonne Wachtmeister af Johannishus. She has three siblings. She graduated magna cum laude in History and Politics from Stanford University and with a MA in Creative Writing from the University of East Anglia. She is political correspondent for Bild am Sonntag, having previously written for Die Welt. She has also written biographies of Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg and Wolfgang Bosbach.
On 6 August 2005 Princess Anna married Prince Manuel of Bavaria, the son of Prince Leopold of Bavaria and Ursula Möhlenkamp. The wedding took place in Stigtomta and Bärbo, small villages near Nyköping in Sweden. It was attended by more than 300 guests including King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and his family. The couple has three children together:
- Prince Leopold Maria Bengt Karl Manuel of Bavaria (b. 13 June 2007).
- Princess Alva Manuelle Maria Petra Yvonne of Bavaria (b. 5 January 2010).
- Prince Gabriel of Bavaria (b. 11 November 2014).
- Recipient of the 70th Birthday Badge Medal of King Carl XVI Gustaf (Kingdom of Sweden, 30 April 2016).
- "Anna von Bayern". Random House. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- European Royal History Journal 2005: volume 8.4, page 19
- Online Gotha - Bavaria
- "70th anniversary of king Carl Gustav of Sweden in Stockholm Sweden on... Fotografía de noticias 115116367 | Getty Images". dailymail.co.uk. 2016-05-02. Retrieved 2016-05-09.