Princess Margaret Secondary School (Surrey)
|Princess Margaret Secondary|
|12870 72 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia, V3W 2M9
|School type||Public, high school|
|School board||School District 36 Surrey|
|Enrollment||1500 (September 2011)|
|Colour(s)||Black and Red|
Princess Margaret Secondary is a public high school in Surrey, British Columbia and is part of School District 36 Surrey. The school is notable in Surrey for its sports programs. The goals of Princess Margaret Secondary include increasing reading comprehension and increasing numeracy skills in Grade 8 students. The Princess Margaret Secondary school is located only 2 street blocks east of the Surrey Campus of Kwantlen Polytechnic University. The current building was completed in 1999; a previous smaller brick and mortar building served secondary students at the same site from the early 1960s until the summer of 1998 when it was demolished.
Student Volunteer Work
Princess Margaret students volunteered again in 2011 with the installation of Christmas lights at St. Paul's Hospital for the 'Lights of Hope' campaign in Vancouver. The student volunteers are enrolled in the BCIT Electrical Program while in secondary school.
- Jazzy B (Jaswinder Singh Bains), Punjabi Singer
- Lisa Brokop, country singer and actress
- Pacific Nkeshimana, Breezy as Febreeze eazy freezy beeazywerr9837yqe
- Haad Shaftain, Nesquik Connoisseur
- Vincent Turato, Low-key Billionaire
- Cody Peters, Owns a Yacht
- Gurdaur Duhre, the donut guy
- "School Goals". Retrieved 19 October 2009.
- "Lights of Hope - BCIT Electrical students". CTV News. 2011-11-08. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Students help light the Lights of Hope". BCIT Update Magazine. 2011-11-14. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Lights of hope". Surrey North Delta Leader. 2011-12-08. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
|This British Columbia school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|