Puget Sound Navy Museum
|Website||Puget Sound Navy Museum|
The Puget Sound Navy Museum is an official naval museum located in Bremerton, Washington, United States. The museum is one of the 10 Navy museums that are operated by the Naval History & Heritage Command. It is located near the Washington State Ferries terminal, the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, and the Bremerton Annex of Naval Base Kitsap. According to the museum website, its mission is "collecting, preserving, and interpreting the naval heritage of the Pacific Northwest for the benefit of the U.S. Navy and general public."
Explore the naval history of the region through exhibits about the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. There's a section devoted towards the aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis. Outside the museum, the sail of the Sturgeon class USS Parche (SSN-683) is on display. The museum offers a gift shop, research library, and children’s area.
The Puget Sound Navy Museum held a ribbon-cutting ceremony to officially open the doors of the museum after being moved to its new location on the Bremerton waterfront Aug. 24. The 111-year-old, historic Building 50 from the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard (PSNS) was moved and refurbished to house the museums’ exhibits. This was the museum's fifth move in 52 years of operation.
- Puget Sound Navy Museum official website
- Puget Sound Navy Museum Facebook Account
- Hampton Roads Naval Museum official site
- Naval History & Heritage Command
- Naval Historical Foundation
- National Museum of the U.S. Navy
- Great Lakes Naval Museum
- National Naval Aviation Museum
- Naval Museum of Armament and Technology
- Naval Undersea Museum
- Naval War College Museum
- Patuxent River Naval Air Museum
- U.S. Navy Seabee Museum
- Submarine Force Library & Museum
- U.S. Naval Academy Museum
- U.S. Navy Supply Corps Museum
- Navy Art Collection
- USS Constitution "Old Ironsides"
- USS Parche Association