|Directed by||Ravi Shankar V|
|Produced by||Puppetica Media|
|Edited by||Manoj Kannoth|
Punyakoti is the first Sanskrit animated movie that is likely to be completed in 2018. The movie is crowd funded and crowd sourced. It is an adaptation of a picture book for children written by Ravishankar V.
Punyakoti is based on a famous folksong in Karnataka about a cow that speaks the truth at all times. The story depicts man-animal conflict in a form that is both entertaining and informative. The movie carries the message of honesty and living in harmony with nature. The story is set in Karunadu, a village along the banks of Kaveri. The original source of the folk-song is the eighteenth chapter of Srishtikhand of Padma Purana.
- Script and Direction: Ravishankar V
- Associate Director: Girish AV
- Music: Ilaiyaraaja
- Dialogues: Anvar Ali
- Lyrics: Dr. Shankar Rajaraman
- Sanskrit Advisor: Prof. S R Leela
- Editor: Manoj Kannoth
- Layout: K Shibu
- Background: Shajeer Sainu
- Storyboard: Ajesh K
- Production Label: Puppetica Media
- Executive Producer: Sindhu SK
- PR: Gigi Mathews
- Compositing: Subin TL
- "India's First Sanskrit Animation Film has 30 Animators working on it and Ilaiyaraaja's Music". thebetterindia. 2015-06-16. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
- "Bengalurean gives Kannada folk song animated avatar in Sanskrit". The Times of India. 13 June 2018. Retrieved 13 June 2018.
- "India's first animated Sanskrit film Punyakoti to be released next month". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
- "First Sanskrit animation movie to crowd-source content". thehindu. 2014-11-18. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
|This article related to an Indian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This animated film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|