|Industry||Entertainment (Real-Life Escape Game)|
|Founded||August 1, 2013Seattle, Washington, United Statesin|
|Founders||Nate Martin, Lindsay Morse|
|Seattle, Washington, Long Island, New York, Newton, Massachusetts, and United States (portable games), and Royal Caribbean Cruise Line|
|Products||Escape from Studio D, The Grimm Escape, Escape from Twenty Thousand Leagues, Hollywoodland Mystery, Escape from the Future, Escape the Midnight Carnival, Escape the Rubicon|
Puzzle Break's first escape room, Escape from Studio D, opened in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle, Washington in August 2013. In May 2014, operations expanded to San Francisco, California with the release of its second room, The Grimm Escape. Puzzle Break was named one of Seattle Magazine's Hidden Gems in June 2014. In November 2014, Escape from Studio D was closed to make way for Puzzle Break's next project: Escape from Twenty Thousand Leagues. Escape the Midnight Carnival followed in March 2016. The Eventide Departure and Escape the Lost Temple were added in 2017.
Puzzle Break participants are locked in a room for one hour and must work together to find hidden clues, solve puzzles, and escape the room. Current locations include Seattle, Washington, Syosset, New York, and Newton, Massachusetts. Most rooms are designed for 6-12 players and the entire experience is approximately 90 minutes. The escape rate for all rooms fluctuates between 15-20%. Puzzle Break also offers off-site escape games where they travel to customers' locations.
- Escape from Starbase Alpha (off-site)
- The Grimm Escape
- A Hollywoodland Mystery (off-site, for up to 250 players).
- Escape from Twenty Thousand Leagues
- Escape the Midnight Carnival
- Escape from the Future (aboard Anthem of the Seas & Ovation of the Seas)
- Escape the Rubicon (aboard Harmony of the Seas)
- The Eventide Departure
- Escape the Lost Temple
Partnership with Royal Caribbean
On March 31, 2015, Puzzle Break announced a partnership with Royal Caribbean International to produce Escape from the Future for the MS Anthem of the Seas, the first Escape Room on a cruise ship. Escape from the Future was later confirmed to be appearing on Ovation of the Seas.
On March 15, 2016, Royal Caribbean International announced a new Puzzle Break room, Escape the Rubicon, was under construction on the upcoming Harmony of the Seas. Additional construction was performed by ShowFX, Inc.
- Galbraith, Susan. "What in the world is an Escape Room, and how do you survive it??". KOMO. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "[Update] Thoughts and Lessons *2 years* after co-founding Puzzle Break, a live-action escape-the-room game in Seattle • /r/Entrepreneur". reddit. Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- "Puzzle Break masters turning Pike/Pine suite into real-world puzzle". Capitol Hill Seattle Blog.
- "43 Places Around Seattle We Bet You Didn't Know About". Seattle Magazine.
- "Capitol Hill Times". Puzzle Break Launches New Live-Action Escape Game.
- "Pike/Pine's Puzzle Break builds business on 'live-action' games". Capitol Hill Seattle Blog.
- "Puzzle Break". Puzzle Break - America's Original Room Escape Game. Retrieved 2017-10-10.
- "Puzzle Break Events". Puzzle Break.
- "Locked in a room for fun". King 5 News.
- "Team Building Events". Puzzle Break.
- "ANTHEM OF THE SEAS' ENTERTAINMENT WILL ROCK YOU! Ground-breaking design, first-at-sea amenities, West End musical, and unique entertainment take guests on an adventure of the senses".
- "Puzzle Break is thrilled to announce we are partnering with Royal Caribbean..."
- "Puzzle Break Games". Puzzle Break.
- "99 days of Harmony: Puzzle Break escape room". Royal Caribbean Blog.