Queensland Brewery Ltd
Originally, the brewery was based at Bulimba (now known as Teneriffe) on the western bank of the Bulimba Reach of the Brisbane River and was known as the Eagle Brewery. In May 1883, Messrs Tooth and Company sold the Eagle Brewery and Sugar Refinery to Mr Huesman and partners for £15,500.
The Queensland Brewery Ltd company appeared to be established in 1888 (its 25th annual report being released in 1913). At some point, it was renamed Queensland Brewery. In 1901, it was producing draught beer as well as two bottled beers known as "Silver top" and "Gold top".
In the early 1940s, the company built a new headquarters and wine and spirit store at 501 Ann Street in Fortitude Valley. Designed in the Functionalist style with Art Deco motifs, the Queensland Brewery Company Building is now listed on the Queensland Heritage Register.
- Thomas Welsby was chairman of the board of directors in 1907
- "QUEENSLAND.". The Sydney Morning Herald. National Library of Australia. 23 May 1883. p. 7. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Current News.". The Queenslander. National Library of Australia. 26 May 1883. p. 805. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "OPENING OF THE EXHIBITION.". The Brisbane Courier. National Library of Australia. 21 August 1884. p. 5. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "FINANCE, COMMERCE, MINING .". The Sunday Times. Sydney: National Library of Australia. 27 July 1913. p. 2. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "The Brewing Industry.". Warwick Examiner and Times. Qld.: National Library of Australia. 15 May 1901. p. 2 Supplement: Special Supplement to the WARWICK EXAMINER & TIMES. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "‘How did we get here?’: A Short History of Brewing in Brisbane". Broadening Your Beer Horizons. Brisbane Beer Tours. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Fine New Headquarters for Queensland Brewery, Ltd.". The Courier-Mail. Brisbane: National Library of Australia. 15 October 1940. p. 13. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "Credit Union Australia Building (entry 600080)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 1 August 2014.